Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3337 (skirts and tops)

Viewed 2018 times
Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:5/8/05 1:27 PM
Last Updated:5/8/05 1:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Karls_Mommy said... (7/8/05 4:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt! Very nice detailing, and awesome fabric choice!
Rennie Ashby said... (5/9/05 1:21 PM) Reply
Very helpful review. Love the bouquet embellishment. So glad I bought this pattern!
Hilary said... (5/9/05 1:11 PM) Reply
Adoable! The embellishments really add to the boutique look-I bet your DD *loves* it! Thanks for all the helpful tips-I've been debating getting this, but 2/2005 Burda has a similar pattern-I'll have to look at it more closely-great review!
AnneM said... (5/9/05 10:59 AM) Reply
Great review. You are amazing, all the sewing you get done.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (5/9/05 7:34 AM) Reply
Super, super cute! The hemline treatment is to die for. Your skirt looks way better than the similar styled ones I've seen at Nieman's and Bloomingdales, here in suburban Philadelphia. What a lucky daughter you have to get such a skirt from you.
Melody said... (5/9/05 7:06 AM) Reply
Wow! I love the skirt. Your daughter is very lucky. I particularly like the flower motif embellishment, that's so cool.
Debbie Spriggs said... (5/8/05 9:07 PM) Reply
Adorable skirt, and very impressive snoop shopping for the details! The overall effect is very current RTW. My teenage DD would love this one!
gabrielle said... (5/8/05 6:13 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt, and I look forward to seeing the version for yourself.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/8/05 3:34 PM) Reply
This looks stunning. Great job. I love the applique of flowers and the fact that you took your inspiration from an outfit at Barneys. Good for you.
CarolynGM said... (5/8/05 2:59 PM) Reply
I noticed the applique in the picture before I knew where your inspiration came from and thought it was a really nice touch. Since you saved $135 on this skirt, you should go buy yourself something. Your DD is a lucky girl to have such a cool skirt and also to look good in orange.
MariaDenmark said... (5/8/05 2:51 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt - and great review! I love the appilque!
jlg said... (5/8/05 2:07 PM) Reply
Great outfit and very entertaining review. Great detail with the applique flowers.
flowermama said... (5/8/05 2:02 PM) Reply
Oh I love the hem and hip detail you added! Hope your prediction about the fabric lasting only one or two washings does not come true because I can really see why dd loves this skirt.
Debbie Cook said... (5/8/05 2:00 PM) Reply
Susan, great skirt!! I love the applique detail, and so easy. I think I'll be stealing that. You from Barneys -- me from you. Full circle. :-) I love the colors too -- you and DD have good taste.
bunz said... (5/8/05 1:39 PM) Reply
Great review, Doc -- thank you. I love this skirt, and as your DD would probably say, the flowers are "way kewl"!!
Teri said... (5/8/05 1:35 PM) Reply
drsue, that is one very cute outfit. What a lucky girl!

by: WinterQuee...