Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6407

Posted on:5/15/05 9:30 PM
Last Updated:7/17/05 1:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Schnauzer said... (2/9/06 6:33 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! I bought the pattern just this week. I hope my top turns out as nice as yours!
Deepika said... (7/17/05 3:48 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous color! love your shirt.
Diane E said... (7/17/05 11:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Teri. Love the sleeve treatment. P.S. I love the color of the wall behind you. I have a very similar color on my dining room walls - so warm!
Danvillegirl said... (7/17/05 8:37 AM) Reply
Like your top. Good save on your recent top.
PixieCat said... (5/16/05 3:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful top and I love the fabric. It's now on my wishlist.
Teri said... (5/16/05 10:52 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Hilary, yes I matched the front, but that is all I matched. The print is so big, that I gave up trying to match the sleeves and side seams. I referred to the May 2005 Threads article for help. The author gave me the freedom to just go for the front, if not I think I would still be cutting this thing out:0)
Hilary said... (5/16/05 10:28 AM) Reply
Very cute! That fabric is so pretty-did you match the pattern on the front-it looks like you did, good job :o) I will have to get this out and make it up. Thanks for the review!
AnneM said... (5/16/05 10:19 AM) Reply
I love the collar in view E. Very nice top; great job matching the print in the front.
SandraB said... (5/16/05 9:16 AM) Reply
Teri, this top looks really great on you. I have this pattern and now I am definitely going to try it, after reading this review.
Cambric Tea said... (5/16/05 9:15 AM) Reply
Oh how pretty! You picked the nicest fabric, too. It looks great, and a very nice photo.
ryan's mom said... (5/16/05 8:38 AM) Reply
Oh this is such a pretty top! Looks much better than the pattern photo too with the nice, colorful print.
elizajo said... (5/16/05 7:02 AM) Reply
How cute! Right now I am craving 100% cotton shirts like this and have three patterns. I've made 2- a vogue and kwik sew and only the kwik sew worked well. You just gave me inspiration to buy another one. I like the various sleeve options.
Danvillegirl said... (5/16/05 5:39 AM) Reply
I saw this pattern this weekend and almost purchased it. After reading your review, I think I want to try this. Your photo was the real clincher, your blouse looks very nice. Love the summery look.
Emmetropia* said... (5/16/05 4:31 AM) Reply
Really pretty! I think I have to get me this pattern and give it a go.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/15/05 10:40 PM) Reply
Oh Teri, this is so cute and looks great on you. I love the fabric.
jlg said... (5/15/05 9:47 PM) Reply
I really like this top. I've had this pattern but wanted to see someone else make it up. You did a great job, and I definitely want to try it now.
Beryl said... (5/15/05 9:38 PM) Reply
I love how you matched up the print on the front. A little more work, but the look is so much classier.
Frogstitcher said... (5/15/05 9:35 PM) Reply
So cute, I also really like the neckline. It looks very nice on you.
BjP said... (5/15/05 9:34 PM) Reply
Really cute fabric for a summer top! Looks great on you!

Islander Sewing Systems The Ultimate Kinsale Cloak Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems The Ultimate Kinsale Cloak Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)