Pattern Reviews> Indygo Junction> Carry With Style Book (Tulip Bag)

Reviewed by:Deepika

Last Updated:5/19/05 8:25 PM

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Deepika said... (10/16/06 7:54 AM) Reply
Shabby, believe it or not, the handle was from Joann's fabrics! They have really good handles these days. Everytime I go there, I just have to control myself and not come home with a few more. I have a big box filled with all sorts of handles. I am a collector I guess ;-)
shabby said... (10/15/06 4:50 PM) Reply
So excited to find this review. from bag I covet from your Threads article. Where did you buy the handle Deepika?
Leslie in Austin said... (3/14/06 8:44 AM) Reply
Another "how did I miss this".... Both bags are so cute!
Gigi Louis said... (6/17/05 1:53 PM) Reply
How did I miss this? Your bags are fantastic!
esmer said... (5/20/05 5:24 PM) Reply
Thank you Deepika for the sewing tips. Your purse turn out so Cool!
Sawyer Brook Fabrics said... (5/20/05 2:22 PM) Reply
Deepika - Great bags - really wonderful! You're becoming a pro on theses.
BorderCollieMom said... (5/20/05 12:08 PM) Reply
Well, after reading Deepika's review on May 16, I just had to add this book in my collection! It arrived yesterday and it really is a good value with so many different pattern/styles. Your bags are very nice, Deepika. I can't wait to make a few.
PVA said... (5/20/05 10:36 AM) Reply
Gosh, Deepika, just when I thought it couldn't get better, it got better! Both bags are absolutely great! Very professional.
touran said... (5/19/05 10:09 PM) Reply
That's is the most fun bag I've seen in a while. The construction is so professional - no wonder you're hooked.
KarmenG said... (5/19/05 10:05 PM) Reply
Deepika - Great bags - really wonderful! You're becoming a pro on theses.
Katharine in BXL said... (5/19/05 9:40 PM) Reply
What a pretty purse! The tabs are so cute too. It will be the envy of onlookers when you carry it around.
candyo said... (5/16/05 5:18 PM) Reply
I really llke your fabric and notion choices. Great bag!
Skymom said... (5/16/05 11:13 AM) Reply
That is the cutest purse! You should go into bag design, Deepika--you make the nicest handbags.
Maychi said... (5/16/05 8:28 AM) Reply
Very cute bag, Deepika! Love the beaded trim!
Deepika said... (5/16/05 7:28 AM) Reply
Nany the peltex I have isnt fusible. Or maybe it is. I didnt see any gluey texture on either side. Do you get yours from Joanns?
Jackie YES! These are from the 45" wide bolts and I had a tough time deciding between the colors I chose and the ones you mentioned :) I like the new Home dec line they are carrying now. Perfect for making cute handbags. And hey... when you are done with the Roman Shades, I'd love to see them.
Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I am finishing up my version now and I will post a photo of that soon too.
Jackie M said... (5/16/05 7:01 AM) Reply
Hey, Deepika, GREAT PURSE! Are any of those fabrics by chance Waverly Home Dec fabrics in 45" width sold on bolts? Cuz they look really similar to ones I'm using to make some curtains and Roman shades with, except I went with the the blue-green-chocolate brown color scheme (without the orange, purple and magenta in your fabric) ...
Nancy L said... (5/16/05 0:18 AM) Reply
Peltex is great stuff. I think it has fusible glue on both sides of it rather than one side like Timtex.
Katharine in BXL said... (5/15/05 10:51 PM) Reply
What great colors! Your mom will love it.
Tiner W said... (5/15/05 7:08 PM) Reply
How fun!
alicia said... (5/15/05 6:58 PM) Reply
Nice bag, thanks for the detailed tips!
PVA said... (5/15/05 6:37 PM) Reply
I love the bag, Deepika, thanks for this review! I also appreciate your tip on the zipper pocket in the lining. An absolute necessity! The book sounds great, I'll have to look it up.
els said... (5/15/05 6:27 PM) Reply
Very pretty bag, your mother will love it.
Mel.J said... (5/15/05 6:15 PM) Reply
That's gorgeous! Love the choice of fabrics, I bet your mom will be thrilled. (And people will start dropping hints that they want one too...)
Rennie Ashby said... (5/15/05 5:06 PM) Reply
Very cute! Mom will love it. Lots of helpful tips. Where do you recommend we get this book?
Mary Stiefer said... (5/15/05 5:05 PM) Reply
Love the bag and the contrasting fabrics. Great job.
Danvillegirl said... (5/15/05 4:44 PM) Reply
Very nice looking bag. Love the lining fabric. Looks good together. Great tip on the tabs.

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

SewBaby The Hat Shoppe Pattern