Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2925

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar

Posted on:5/25/05 9:23 PM
Last Updated:5/25/05 9:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
MaryBeth said... (5/27/05 7:39 AM) Reply
Thanks, Beth. Appreciate seeing the project and your added details. I hope my water repellents fabrics get treated better than I would have done because of your helpful info!
Miss Fairchild said... (5/26/05 4:02 PM) Reply
Mary Beth, I have a photo now; hopefully you can see it well enough to get an idea. I didn't have to waterproof the seams as the coat's water "repellant", not waterproof, but having to make the outside seams in a French seam made the coat more "rainworthy". The water repellant fabric makes the coat somewhat stiff; that's why I should think it would look better if it had tucks in the shoulders and a little more fullness.
AnneM said... (5/26/05 4:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Beth. I'm looking for a hooded coat pattern (for "someday") and this is one I was looking at. I don't think this one will work for me, though.
MaryBeth said... (5/25/05 10:24 PM) Reply
Mauve! I'd love to see it. Have never worked with water repellent fabric but have just received some. Did you go so far as to waterproof the seams? I also found the KS patterns too plain. Thanks for your thoughts on this pattern.

You Sew Girl 200mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 200mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)