Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9469 (Men's Shirt)

Reviewed by:jacalhoun

About jacalhounstarstar
Member since: 9/6/04
Posted on:5/26/05 4:57 PM
Last Updated:7/13/05 8:36 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

TanyaMT said... (7/14/05 2:00 PM) Reply
Nice review and nice shirt. Thanks for all the details. I'm still trying to get up nerve to do a shirt for my DH.
BjP said... (7/13/05 9:14 PM) Reply
Great job! Thanks for the very helpful review!
Irene Q said... (5/27/05 8:22 AM) Reply
Great shirt! And good idea about making the pocket larger since Dad's a big guy!
suncentaur said... (5/27/05 4:42 AM) Reply
Well, it looks like you did a great job and I just might get a copy of this pattern for that machine sewn yoke technique. I just did one of those McCalls patterns that says it is machine sewn too, and you end up doing the yoke and cuffs and collars all slipstitched by hand! I think it was good you used your intuition about the buttons. So often it pays to question some of the ways the pattern says to do something. Thanks for the review!
AnneM said... (5/27/05 4:39 AM) Reply
Someday my DH will get this top made for him, since I have this pattern. Nice of you to make the top for your DDad.
Lori V said... (5/26/05 7:08 PM) Reply
great looking shirt, I bet your dad will be thrilled.
ladylola said... (5/26/05 5:34 PM) Reply
I agree that's a great pattern. I really like the yoke method too. I made the long sleeves and the placket instructions are good also.
Hilary said... (5/26/05 5:30 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks really nice! And you described the yoke trick very well. Maybe you can combine (maybe grade? ) a few of the things you like from this pattern to the one that fits your DH-like the collar and the no-hand-sewing methods. Thank for the review, and for the comparisons!
Teri said... (5/26/05 5:29 PM) Reply
Your dad's shirt looks great. I am sure he will be thrilled! Thanks for the nice review. If I understand your yoke description it sounds like the way I do yokes. I got it out of a Claire Shaffer book (I think), or maybe it was my KS pattern.....anyway, I agree, it works great.

Victoria Jones Collection 309 Womens' Long Dress