Pattern Reviews> Favorite Things> 068 (Thelma's Knitting Bag)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:11/21/05 7:08 AM
Last Updated:6/25/05 8:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
shard said... (9/29/07 3:31 PM) Reply
i have to say, this review makes me feel a liiiiittle better about the process. i'm working on it now. some parts of the construction are *definitely* counterintuitive. i'm not using fleece - hoping that the thickness will be less of an issue, as i'm using a lighter fashion fabric, and underlining with canvas.
shard said... (9/29/07 3:11 PM) Reply
Lesley said... (1/8/07 8:59 PM) Reply
Patti, I haven't made the bag yet, but have sent for the pattern and the frames. I'm not really much of a seamstress but am trying. Anyhow if I left out the zipper part and made the bag without the extention, would that make the the pattern easier and more straight forward for a beginner. I would like it for a knitting bag and the pattern without the zipper is just like a bag they are selling at my local yarn shop. Thanks, Lesley
Annie- oh said... (8/17/05 8:49 PM) Reply
Patt - I made this bag a few weeks ago, and I agree with you - it is a great bag and fun to sew. I also used it as my purse when travelling by air recently because I realized all my clothes were darks/neutrals, and this bag was a colorful tropical print. I made it for a knitting bag, but I think I'll need more than one - its inside zipper to shorten/lengthen it is great. And great details in your review! Annie
W said... (7/31/05 3:24 PM) Reply
Very nice work -- I love how it turns out. I think her bags are so adorable...I am not planning to make this one, but I wanted to know how her patterns are. Thanks for the detailed review & all the photos.
Patti B said... (6/27/05 8:51 AM) Reply
Thanks sewists -- I love this bag already! Diane E -- your knitting 'deserves' a pretty bag ... what DID we do before plastic grocery bags?
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/27/05 8:20 AM) Reply
Patti, that is a great bag, and an excellent review! my sister knits, and is always on the hunt for a new knitting bag. I'll have to let her know about this! -Ann
GraceHope said... (6/26/05 4:49 PM) Reply
I love bags and this one looks very versatile! I think I may go and get the "uneven binding foot" for my machine before attempting this one. Thanks so much!
Danvillegirl said... (6/26/05 4:00 PM) Reply
Great purse. I have not seen this. You did a great job. Love the whole look.
Diane E said... (6/26/05 10:03 AM) Reply
Patti, terrific review and wonderful bag. As a knitter, I can say that this sure beats the assortment of shredded shopping bags I haul my projects around in. A bag like yours would do justice to the most lovely of yarns.
Princess Jenny said... (6/26/05 9:44 AM) Reply
So awesome! :) Thank you so much for reviewing this bag. It is perfect for shopping.
hongkongshopper said... (6/26/05 1:22 AM) Reply
What a clever bag!
Patzee said... (6/26/05 0:33 AM) Reply
I really like your fabric design choices. Thanks!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/25/05 11:41 PM) Reply
Great looking bag.
Lori V said... (6/25/05 9:52 PM) Reply
Patti, very cute bag and the fabric choices are wonderful. That is a very interesting concept, thanks for pointing out this bag.
Patti B said... (6/25/05 9:49 PM) Reply
I cut the bag out yesterday afternoon and worked on it steadily afternoon & evening, worked on it this morning and finished it this afternoon. So it's not a quick sew but it does go together nicely. Once I started, I kept wanting to do just one more step. Oh, sorry I'm not smiling in the photo -- can't fiddle with the camera and smile at this same time apparently. ;-)
bunz said... (6/25/05 9:43 PM) Reply
Psychic vibes! I was just looking at an ad for this bag and thinking how great it would be for traveling as well as for my sister, the knitter. Thanks for the review!
jemgirlca said... (6/25/05 9:36 PM) Reply
Nice bag and good review. Thanks for the picture of you holding the bag, that really helps to see the size of it.
Peggy L said... (6/25/05 9:14 PM) Reply
Patti - great detailed review. The bag looks great and useful! How long did it take to make?

Victory Anouk Paper Pattern