Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 1025 (BaseWearTwo)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
AR USA
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:7/4/05 8:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
taylormade said... (9/27/11 8:44 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt. I have made this years ago! Maybe I should have another go at it....I have plenty of knits. Your looks really nice!
CarolynGM said... (12/9/06 4:30 PM) Reply
yes, popoagie, I think we might be similar in frame. I generally use a 33 inch inseam for pants, and I'm 5' 8.5" tall.
popoagiesmiles said... (12/9/06 2:40 PM) Reply
Irina, I usually lengthen bottoms by 2-4 inches as well. I think our up and down proportions are similar. Do you mind telling how tall you are? I'm 5'7" with 33" inseams on straight legged jeans (longer on dress pants). My minimum lengthening is usually two inches as well.
CSM--Carla said... (8/22/06 6:33 PM) Reply
Irina, thanks for the warning about the upside down piece. I can see why it happened. I am being very careful with mine because of your advice. Thanks so much for sharing this review. Carla
JDpenelope said... (7/6/05 5:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Glad to hear you didn't have to struggle with the buttermilk. I wonder if the skirt is difficult to walk in, or step up into an SUV in...Your success with this pattern makes me want to try it out!
Harriet Rogers said... (7/6/05 9:58 AM) Reply
Fabulous skirt. I've now made the LH flounce three times, and I wear them out in the summer, but there is something about your skirt that looks different: is the flounce tighter? Based on your great success, I may buy this pattern and try it on a knit: all three of my LH's are woven. Wonderful style for you.
TerB said... (7/6/05 3:08 AM) Reply
That skirt is a perfect fit. You did a great job.
CarolynGM said... (7/5/05 8:44 PM) Reply
Lee Anne -- you are right that this skirt has less waist ease than the LH swing skirt. It has a much more pronounced hip curve. For knits this works very well and reduces bunching at the waist. It wouldn't work so well with a woven.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (7/5/05 7:47 PM) Reply
This is your style for certain! Do you think there is less ease in the waist than the Loes Hinse swing skirt?
Danvillegirl said... (7/5/05 7:37 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks great on you. Though I don't own a Bernina but Viking your mirror image blind hem stitch is a great idea and will give it try.
Levone said... (7/5/05 5:47 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt and fabric. I too love this skirt and have made it up a couple of times.
mudcat said... (7/5/05 10:33 AM) Reply
The skirt is nice. Very flattering look on you. It's probably so long because Christine allowed for the shrinkage since she doesn't preshrink the cotton/lycra.
Izzie said... (7/5/05 9:16 AM) Reply
Great Skirt! I have this pattern but have never made it up because I always use the KS 3032 pattern. You have convinced me to try this one next time. Thanks for the tip on hemming, I'll try that too!
bunz said... (7/5/05 9:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for reminding us abt the reverse blind hem stitich. Pretty skirt and great fit!
AnneM said... (7/5/05 7:26 AM) Reply
Good reminder to baste 1st. I really like that skirt on you.
CarolynGM said... (7/5/05 5:45 AM) Reply
jlg and Irene -- I like the proportion of this flounce and the fact that this skirt is slightly pegged -- it has a very nice hip curve. I will admit, however, that my LH swing skirt is too long and has too much ease. I bet if I downsized it and shortened it, I would like it better. In fact, I should try this on a too-large swing skirt hanging in my closet.
jlg said... (7/5/05 5:02 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks great on you. Like Irene, I want to know what you like better about this skirt. I've not made this because I've made a bunch of the LH swing skirts, but it sounds like I may "need" this pattern also.
Irene said... (7/5/05 1:58 AM) Reply
The skirt looks wonderful on you. Can you say why you like this skirt better than the LH swing skirt?
Twinkster said... (7/5/05 0:07 AM) Reply
Yes, this skirt does fit you perfectly! You look great in it!
hongkongshopper said... (7/4/05 11:16 PM) Reply
REally nice skirt - fits well! Nice fabric.
MaryBeth said... (7/4/05 9:48 PM) Reply
Isn't this just the best pattern? Glad you've turned out a skirt that is soooo wow!
drsue said... (7/4/05 9:21 PM) Reply
Wow, you look just like the idealized drawings in this skirt.

Other MonsterTooth Fairy Pillow