Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2326 (Choice of boxer shorts)

Reviewed by:Battgirl

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

BeckyW said... (7/27/05 7:58 AM) Reply
Levone said... (7/26/05 9:33 PM) Reply
Very nice...looks professionally made.
Battgirl said... (7/26/05 9:50 AM) Reply
I serge the edge of the elastic to the edge of the waist edge (turn pants inside out - wrong side facing) stretching as I go careful not to cut any elastic with serger blade. Then flip to the inside and press, using fullness of the ironing board to stretch elastic out. topstitch. This is a great finish for elastic waist pants as well. Less bulk and very comfortable. If you need photos let me know and i will add them I measure the length of elastic needed by either measuring something I already have that fits or on the body for a comfy fit. I also have at home ready to use measured precut lengths of elastic for the kids in case i sew for them while they are at school.
Battgirl said... (7/26/05 9:45 AM) Reply
I serge the edge of the elastic to the edge of the waist edge (turn pants inside out - wrong side facing) stretching as I go careful not to cut any elastic with serger blade. Then flip pants to the inside and turning elastic down stretch over fullness of the ironing board to stretch elastic out. press topstitch. This is a great finish for elastic waist pants as well. Less bulk and very comfortable. If you need photos let me know and i will add them I measure the length of elastic needed by either measuring something I already have that fits or on the body for a comfy fit. I also have at home ready to use measured precut lengths of elastic for the kids in case i sew for them while they are at school.
BeckyW said... (7/26/05 9:04 AM) Reply
Really nice job!! Very cute too. - I have never tried your method of applying the elastic. Sounds pretty easy and I would like to try it. Just wondering how you can make sure the waist size can be just right if the serger is doing the gathering. I would worry that it would be too tight or too loose when I was done. Any details about how you did this are appreciated. ******* Thanks for your reply. I could not figure out how to add a second comment so I had to just edit this one. I hope you see this. I guess I was confused. I thought you might be using some sort of gathering foot for your serger. I see exactly what you are talking about. I will give your method a try. THANKS!!!
Hilary said... (7/26/05 7:56 AM) Reply
You did a great job! The top stitching looks good. Did you do the embroidery?
Doris Stewart said... (7/26/05 5:58 AM) Reply
Very nice - thanks for the review

by: sgubler