Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Pot Holders

Posted on:7/26/05 9:16 AM
Last Updated:8/30/05 8:28 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Miss Fairchild said... (3/8/06 7:07 AM) Reply
What a great thing to do with leftovers! It gives me encouragement to try scrap quilting. I'm with Mirza on the Insulbrite; I buy it all the time. But then, you could more than likely use old jeans and flannel, like I used to do when I was in Home Ec.
KJill said... (8/30/05 6:41 PM) Reply
Gosh I never even thought about trying out patterns and using up those bits of cotton batting this way. I love the cat quilt idea, they are always on the quilts they can get to anyhow. One their size could at least be washed easily!
Nickle said... (8/30/05 5:36 PM) Reply
Wow Irene you really are quilting up a storm, You must of had a huge stash.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/30/05 9:48 AM) Reply
I love all your designs, you are so creative. What agreat way to use up diffeernt paterned fabrics. Way to go Irene !
Mary Stiefer said... (8/3/05 5:10 PM) Reply
I see you are at it again. Lovely - as usual.
Muria said... (7/29/05 10:07 PM) Reply
I've got a bunch of calico leftover from making some bias cut skirts for my daughter and a ton of old jeans that people have outgrown. I also have some pretty shoddy looking potholders, so this is a great idea! Thanks!
hongkongshopper said... (7/26/05 6:27 PM) Reply
I was just thinking this would be good for christmas pressies - in christmas fabric - I wonder if I have any in my stash.......
Mary Stiefer said... (7/26/05 2:59 PM) Reply
Irene - another great job well done. Creative way to use leftover scraps of fabric.
sophie5477 said... (7/26/05 2:04 PM) Reply
What a great idea for Christmas gifts!!!
Hilary said... (7/26/05 12:46 PM) Reply
Great project! I like the baby quilt especially :o)
Evita said... (7/26/05 11:36 AM) Reply
Irene, do you actually quilt for your cats ?! (and I tought my pets were pampered!). Seriously, I have been tempted to try quilting but cannot handle big projects. Potholders would be perfect to try my hand at it. Thanks for the idea ! I love the colours on that baby quilt !
bunz said... (7/26/05 10:31 AM) Reply
Wow - what a creative use of "leftovers". Thanks for showing us.
touran said... (7/26/05 9:57 AM) Reply
How fun and creative. They make good wall art too.
Mirza said... (7/26/05 9:20 AM) Reply
Great use of quilt blocks. For the potholders, you could have used one layer of Insul-bright. It is this insulated batting that Warm and Natural makes. I just bought some at a quilting store to use for a picnic bag. (Yet to make it yet). I don't quilt, but when I bought 3 yards, they commented that I must be making lots of potholders!! LOL!

SewBaby More Animal Wrappers Pattern

SewBaby More Animal Wrappers Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)