Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Pot Holders

Posted on:7/26/05 9:16 AM
Last Updated:8/30/05 8:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Miss Fairchild said... (3/8/06 7:07 AM) Reply
What a great thing to do with leftovers! It gives me encouragement to try scrap quilting. I'm with Mirza on the Insulbrite; I buy it all the time. But then, you could more than likely use old jeans and flannel, like I used to do when I was in Home Ec.
KJill said... (8/30/05 6:41 PM) Reply
Gosh I never even thought about trying out patterns and using up those bits of cotton batting this way. I love the cat quilt idea, they are always on the quilts they can get to anyhow. One their size could at least be washed easily!
Nickle said... (8/30/05 5:36 PM) Reply
Wow Irene you really are quilting up a storm, You must of had a huge stash.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/30/05 9:48 AM) Reply
I love all your designs, you are so creative. What agreat way to use up diffeernt paterned fabrics. Way to go Irene !
Mary Stiefer said... (8/3/05 5:10 PM) Reply
I see you are at it again. Lovely - as usual.
Muria said... (7/29/05 10:07 PM) Reply
I've got a bunch of calico leftover from making some bias cut skirts for my daughter and a ton of old jeans that people have outgrown. I also have some pretty shoddy looking potholders, so this is a great idea! Thanks!
hongkongshopper said... (7/26/05 6:27 PM) Reply
I was just thinking this would be good for christmas pressies - in christmas fabric - I wonder if I have any in my stash.......
Mary Stiefer said... (7/26/05 2:59 PM) Reply
Irene - another great job well done. Creative way to use leftover scraps of fabric.
sophie5477 said... (7/26/05 2:04 PM) Reply
What a great idea for Christmas gifts!!!
Hilary said... (7/26/05 12:46 PM) Reply
Great project! I like the baby quilt especially :o)
Evita said... (7/26/05 11:36 AM) Reply
Irene, do you actually quilt for your cats ?! (and I tought my pets were pampered!). Seriously, I have been tempted to try quilting but cannot handle big projects. Potholders would be perfect to try my hand at it. Thanks for the idea ! I love the colours on that baby quilt !
bunz said... (7/26/05 10:31 AM) Reply
Wow - what a creative use of "leftovers". Thanks for showing us.
touran said... (7/26/05 9:57 AM) Reply
How fun and creative. They make good wall art too.
Mirza said... (7/26/05 9:20 AM) Reply
Great use of quilt blocks. For the potholders, you could have used one layer of Insul-bright. It is this insulated batting that Warm and Natural makes. I just bought some at a quilting store to use for a picnic bag. (Yet to make it yet). I don't quilt, but when I bought 3 yards, they commented that I must be making lots of potholders!! LOL!

by: Ineedaname