Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4192 (Skirts and Skorts)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:8/19/05 5:29 PM
Last Updated:11/1/06 10:50 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
saskiakaren said... (7/20/09 5:08 PM) Reply
Super cute (love the happy champagne shot!); thanks for the helpful review. I just cut out view A and am eager to sew! :-)
Jennifer shaw said... (11/2/06 1:08 AM) Reply
You look so elegant, happy and relaxed!! Enjoy your champagne and your wonderful trip. :)
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (11/1/06 6:57 PM) Reply
Elegant and sporty at the same time. Beautiful!
MelissaB in WA said... (11/1/06 4:06 PM) Reply
Perfect!!! :-)
Dale C said... (11/1/06 2:17 PM) Reply
I love reading your reviews. Just saw the "hootchie mama" review and had a good laugh! BTW, the skirts look great!
Karen6790 said... (11/1/06 12:07 PM) Reply
Great skirt, and champagne on the beach sounds fabulous.
Debbie Cook said... (10/24/06 8:48 AM) Reply
Another cute skort! I hope you have a great trip, and get a little sunshine.
newlywedws said... (10/24/06 2:13 AM) Reply
Looks very simple to make...Is the pattern still available or is it out of print?
Carolyndh said... (10/23/06 7:43 PM) Reply
You look great modeling your new skort/shorts! Very nice!
Pam Z said... (10/23/06 7:41 PM) Reply
Your new skort is really cute basic that will go with most tops. The fit is perfect!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (10/23/06 6:32 PM) Reply
Wow!! I remember being 30-something... Sigh... Enjoy!! You look great! Rhonda
Susan C said... (11/17/05 1:54 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love you "I assumed they must be kidding comment!" I'm sure they were
louise said... (11/10/05 2:46 PM) Reply
I did the skorts this summer. Pattern is nice, garment fits nicely. I am keeping this pattern for futur summer sewing.
Gigi Louis said... (10/25/05 6:41 PM) Reply
I don't know how I missed this review! Wow, Leslie, vavavoom. :-)
Lori Sews said... (10/25/05 6:37 PM) Reply
So cute Leslie. It looks great on you.
AnneM said... (9/2/05 10:57 AM) Reply
You are ready for a evening out! That skirt is about a foot too short for me to wear, and I'm about a foot shorter than you! ;o
MickeyFan said... (8/28/05 4:41 PM) Reply
Can I borrow your legs sometime? I'll bet the hubby follows you around the house like a puppy dog...
SewTabby said... (8/27/05 7:08 PM) Reply
That's one lucky hubby you've got there Leslie ;) Great skirt and skorts, great gams too!
Katharine in BXL said... (8/27/05 1:24 PM) Reply
"Oops I did it again" :) Looks good Leslie!
pharmercoon said... (8/27/05 0:35 AM) Reply
Your look great in your skort! Kay
Jennifer shaw said... (8/26/05 11:20 PM) Reply
Leslie, your new skort is nothing short of gorgeous! You lucky gal with the lovely long legs!
Modiste Madness said... (8/26/05 10:22 PM) Reply
With the weather you have been having you may need to make several more of these. It looks great on you.
touran said... (8/26/05 5:25 PM) Reply
You have great legs! Perfect skort for perfect legs. Yay you!!
JDpenelope said... (8/26/05 5:12 PM) Reply
Another excuse to show off those glorious gams! You go girl!
PVA said... (8/26/05 4:50 PM) Reply
Oh, Drat! How in the H*** can I possibly put this 72 yo body in a skort out on the golf course after seeing your photos! I'd probably get arrested! (LOL) Oh well, I'm on the inside looking out, I don't have to see myself -- too bad about the rest of the villagers! All kidding aside, you should definitely let those beautiful legs see the light of day! If ya got it, flaunt it! (8^D)
Linda E. said... (8/26/05 3:24 PM) Reply
leslie love you new version of this skirt/skort very nice looking.
ryan's mom said... (8/20/05 5:39 PM) Reply
Great skirt! It really highlights your nice legs. Your legs look like an 18-year old's! :)
Jennifer shaw said... (8/20/05 5:38 PM) Reply
That is so cool Leslie! Your skort is so perfect and looks wonderful on you. Thanks for the review.
MaryBeth said... (8/20/05 4:10 PM) Reply
Good looking, Leslie. I use lots of back zips esp when I'm sewing in a hurry (when am I not???) What's RTW? :) Haven't gone clothes shopping in soooo long I don't know how I'm supposed to zip!
Katharine in BXL said... (8/20/05 2:48 PM) Reply
Tennis without blushing :) Cute! Clever zipper choice & placement. A biking skort is such a good idea.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/20/05 10:53 AM) Reply
Great looking skort. You have the right shape to wear those types of things. You go girl.
JDpenelope said... (8/20/05 8:16 AM) Reply
Well, both skorts look beautiful on YOU! Should be very functional too! Nice job.
Danvillegirl said... (8/20/05 7:42 AM) Reply
Cute skort. You have the shape to wear it. As to back zips. If you were a little on the plump size, back zippers work well as they don't point to or exaggerate a rounder tummy. Actually putting a zipper on the side is better for folks with the little rounder tummy. Being so slender you could put that zipper wherever you want and it would look great.
Evatgirl73 said... (8/19/05 10:40 PM) Reply
Very cute skort Leslie! It looks awesome on you!!
Minya, Warrior Seamstress said... (8/19/05 7:42 PM) Reply
The back zip feature is why I tend to leave skort patterns in the store drawers. Nice to know they can be rehabilitated. I have seen back zipping pants, this past week one of my coworkers was wearing a pair that I'm certain were RTW.
Tiner W said... (8/19/05 7:31 PM) Reply
I like the idea to move the zipper to the front! Very nice looking skort.
Hilary said... (8/19/05 5:42 PM) Reply
That is really cute, Leslie! I like the rounded front flap-I'm going to have to copy that. I already own a plethera of skort patterns. LOL on the hand sewing joke-that always makes me laugh too :D btw, great idea to move the zip to center front!

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Jeans for Real People DVD Set