Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5002 (Swing Skirt)

Reviewed by:bunz

About bunzstar
VA USA
Posted on:9/12/05 9:30 PM
Last Updated:9/12/05 9:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
AnneM said... (9/20/05 3:03 PM) Reply
I looked at your pic and said "I like that skirt on her". It does look big, I agree, but it's a perfect length on you.
debbieB said... (9/14/05 9:59 AM) Reply
I love the fabric.I would put it away for a while then work on it when you can look at it again.:) Believe me ,I have aolt of those:)!
bunz said... (9/13/05 9:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for the ideas, all. I'll give this another try -- it may become a t & t after all!
sewnlove said... (9/13/05 6:08 AM) Reply
I've also found that this looks much better on me when I take it in. I've made many of these now, and I cut a M, and then just sew 5/8 seams everywhere. This is her only pattern I take in like this. Other skirts I sew as cut in a M.
jemgirlca said... (9/12/05 10:41 PM) Reply
Wow, I made this same exact skirt, except I put the long flounce on it. The flounce gave me grief because the bias part of it kept stretching but I finally got that sorted out. I found that the trick to this skirt is to take it in, until it looks good! I start with a Medium with a non stretch fabric (small with knits) and then take it in at the waist until it *just* goes over my hips and then slightly peg the bottom (just take in the flounce the same as the bottom of the skirt) and then it is really flattering. I've made a few and really like them, once I get them fitted. BTW, I didn't have a problem with the rayon. :) Except for the bias stretching.
dresscode said... (9/12/05 10:00 PM) Reply
Cute fabric! I've made this once and followed someone's advice to peg the skirt slightly which worked well for me. This means reducing the allowance at the flounce as well. I lined my rayon, attaching at waistband and running elastic through that tunnel. Stopped lining at the top of flounce.

DRESS LINES - A CD Book by Kenneth King