Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4647 (flower girl dress)

Reviewed by:LRS

About LRS
MA USA
Member since: 6/11/05
Posted on:9/26/05 3:28 PM
Last Updated:9/26/05 5:41 PM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Mebber said... (6/8/09 9:30 AM) Reply
Four years later but thanks for a very helpful review. I am getting ready to make this for my niece and was interested in knowing how the sizing matched up with the measurements before I cut. Some Simp patterns are super big so I am glad to know this isn't the case and I can cut it based on her measurements. The dress is beautiful - I hope you found another little girl to pass it on to after your niece outgrew it!
GailMV said... (7/20/07 11:31 PM) Reply
Love it!
Karla Kizer said... (1/1/07 7:35 PM) Reply
This review came up on the rotisserie today and the picture was just too charming to skip. I had to read the review and enjoy the picture all over again. The dress is adorable - but it's eclipsed by that beautiful little girl.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (9/28/05 0:47 AM) Reply
Do make her some 'princess' dresses--my dd and her best friend wore these every day from age 3 to about 6--use the pattern, get remnants of chiffon, lame, what have you, no need to finish very carefully. So sweet, a lovely picture and dress.
Elemenopeo said... (9/27/05 2:05 PM) Reply
Precious.
LRS said... (9/27/05 7:43 AM) Reply
This is my first pattern review. It was gratifying to get some nice feedback on the dress and on my niece. My brother and SIL fostered her for two years and were able to adopt her recently. She's the youngest, the only African American, and definitely the cutest member of our extended family.
JDpenelope said... (9/26/05 8:05 PM) Reply
How clever you are, to engage your niece in the decision-making. Your idea to reduce the volume in the skirt was a good one, too. Your niece is radiant, I'll bet she stole the show.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/26/05 7:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and beautiful little girl.
fesnina said... (9/26/05 6:55 PM) Reply
Your review actually brought tears to my eyes. What a lovely little girl! And the dress is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
PVA said... (9/26/05 6:33 PM) Reply
Ohmygosh, she's so beautiful who's looking at the dress? (Just kidding!) I love the decisions she made -- it is just perfect! You did a great job, thanks so much for the review!
touran said... (9/26/05 6:18 PM) Reply
That's a beautiful dress on a gorgeous little girl. I love the colors on her.
BjP said... (9/26/05 5:05 PM) Reply
Aah, and such a gorgeous young lady! Very pretty dress, and I'm glad she felt special in it....she has great designer potential!

by: LM2HYD