Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5206 (Criss-Cross Top)

Reviewed by:SewLimited

About SewLimited
WA USA
Member since: 2/29/04
Posted on:10/29/05 3:45 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
AngieC said... (9/23/07 7:26 PM) Reply
I love the pattern and the fabric! Thank you for your detailed review.
Karla Kizer said... (11/3/05 7:52 PM) Reply
Your fabric is perfect for this pattern, and top looks great - very "Chico's" .
kathleenb said... (11/3/05 6:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for the sleeve cap explanation. I have a similar body type those drag lines have always bugged me!
Danvillegirl said... (10/30/05 3:44 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric. Keep thinking about trying this pattern but have others similar style.
AnneFromLambourn said... (10/30/05 3:14 AM) Reply
Mmm, nice top! The contrast binding looks very smart.
SewLimited said... (10/30/05 0:28 AM) Reply
Liane, the fabric was only about 6 weeks old - EOS sells out fast! The same print in a different color is currently on Waechter's Silk Shop website. Elona - I actually had attached a copy of the Norm Thompson top to this pattern. The crossover turned out to be lower tho on the pattern. Diane E - I have broad straight shoulders and a flat back. Many casual knit tee patterns have a flatter sleeve to fit a slightly extended shoulder - on me the extended shoulder is many times my actual shoulder line and I get drag lines on the sleeves. On knits I can just raise the cap without having to change the armhole. On wovens I often have to change the armhole also. I don't think extended or drop sleeves look as well on me altho they are easier to sew.
Lori V said... (10/29/05 9:26 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, I like your black binding. That really sets off the top.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/29/05 7:43 PM) Reply
Your top turned out beautifully. I am drooling over the fabric.
Elona said... (10/29/05 11:34 AM) Reply
Stunning tee! The black binding is a wonderful touch. Norm Thompson is using a pattern that looks very much like Loes'. http://www.normthompson.com/jump.jsp?itemID=9015&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=coral rose and http://www.normthompson.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6543&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C4%2C110%2C121&iProductID=6543
Diane E said... (10/29/05 10:31 AM) Reply
What a beautiful top. The black binding really gives it an elegant finish. Help me understand the purpose behind the higher sleeve cap - how does it affect fit?
Tiner W said... (10/29/05 10:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Love, love the fabric!
bunz said... (10/29/05 9:55 AM) Reply
You';ve got a gorgeous top here -- thanks for showing us.
VtMartha said... (10/29/05 9:48 AM) Reply
How beautiful! Linda, more printed slinkies, please!
Modiste Madness said... (10/29/05 9:39 AM) Reply
I love your fabric too and your top looks wonderful.
2BSewing said... (10/29/05 7:52 AM) Reply
Wow! Your knit cross-over top is gorgeous. The fabric you selected for the top is beautiful. I think the black contrast binding...adds a nice finish to the top. Give the Jalie cross-over top a try. I'd like to see your thoughts on both.
Liane M said... (10/29/05 4:00 AM) Reply
I love that fabric. I assuming that it is not a recent purchase. I have made both this top and the Jalie cross over top and prefer the Jalie. Very cute top.

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern