Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4403 (Threads Coat)

Reviewed by:ConnieBJ

Last Updated:12/16/07 9:21 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus
Dmd4106 said... (2/9/08 3:53 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat! Great color.
LuceLu said... (12/18/07 4:43 AM) Reply
you used my favorite colors, I totally heart this coat. bring on the fur collar!
Marji said... (12/18/07 3:21 AM) Reply
Lovely coat. Great fabric. glad you were able to get it out of the yardage you had.
fabricrazed said... (12/17/07 11:30 PM) Reply
You have a lovely coat that is purely timeless. The time you took was well worth the wait. The colors make me think of the clear blue sea very calming and appealing. I am surprised you have not had any one stop you to want to touch. You did an excellent job. I too like to have beauty on the inside as much as what is seen on the outside. Simply beautiful it take my breath.
Anabolina said... (12/17/07 7:39 PM) Reply
Wow, I love it...
ChristineX said... (12/17/07 7:36 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful combination of fabric and style! =)
Mahler said... (12/17/07 12:37 PM) Reply
Connie, this coat should be worn with a tab hanging from the collar that says " I am the artist who created that beautiful coat ". You have all reasons to be proud of it. This is a fabulous garment. I realy love your coat.
Betsybobbin said... (12/17/07 8:19 AM) Reply
Lovely coat!
xtreme1 said... (12/17/07 5:41 AM) Reply
It's gorgeous.
Mahogany Stylist said... (12/16/07 11:54 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love everything about it: the color, vintage style. Great craftsmanship.
CynthiaSue said... (12/16/07 10:31 PM) Reply
this is amazing. did you bag the lining or hand sew?
MissCelie said... (12/16/07 10:30 PM) Reply
Bound buttonholes too??? If your mom doesn't like that coat, I am more than willing to take it off your hands. I'll even pay for postage!
swing like a girl said... (12/16/07 7:42 PM) Reply
I love your coat. What great colors.
sandrasdaughter said... (12/16/07 6:46 PM) Reply
This is lovely - a true one of a kind garment!
marjenann said... (12/16/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Totally chic!!! Yummy fabric!
bluenines said... (12/16/07 4:20 PM) Reply
great coat , love the colors, just the thing to take away the winter grays
Karen6790 said... (12/16/07 4:11 PM) Reply
This coat definitely stands out in a good way - it makes me smile just to see it. Woman, I can't believe you did bound buttonholes on that fabric - they would have taken me a lot longer than an afternoon. I guess the nicest thing I can say is that all your hard work isn't visible, I just look at this and think, "What a fabulous coat!"
Rhonda in Montreal said... (12/16/07 4:06 PM) Reply
Hi Oma Connie!! (Wish I was...) Your coat is WONDERful for Canadian winters. It's cheerful & young sure beats the zillions of black, dark colours we usually see (including mine!). Beautiful work!! BOUND buttonholes... And I'm "afraid" of one-step regulars... ;)
LindsayT said... (12/16/07 2:38 PM) Reply
What a stylish alternative to all the puffer coats I see everywhere. I love that all your hard work payed off so beautifully.
EveS said... (12/16/07 1:45 PM) Reply
Faaaabulous coat!!! That fabric is to die for. Just awesome!! It's winterwear that gives hope for spring, IMO.
Annette1 said... (12/16/07 1:43 PM) Reply
Oooo, love it! Your fabric is just perfect. :o)
fuzzygalore said... (12/16/07 1:26 PM) Reply
This is really gorgeous - although I have to admit that the idea of a turquoise fur collar really spoke to me when you mentioned it :-). And you should tell your mom that everyone will be looking at you because you'll be cheering them up so much! But did you do a Hong-Kong finish -inside- a lining?? Setting aside for a moment the sheer masochism of it, it'd also add bulk to the seams that'd be going against the idea. A Hong-Kong finish is a lovely thing to do to unlined garments indeed, but not otherwise. Even if your fabric ravels, if it's wool your seams are perfectly safe inside a lining. And they should stay that way, without sharp defined edges, without extra layers of even very fine fabric, without extra stitching..
Nancywin said... (12/16/07 1:11 PM) Reply
Very pretty fabric and since the coat is what people will see more than what's underneath, you want it to shout out and not be boring. Great choice. Also, I'm so jealous of your button holes. What method did you use?
Judy Wentz said... (12/16/07 12:16 PM) Reply
You should be proud. This is a wonderful work of art.
So So said... (12/16/07 11:52 AM) Reply
Couture Coat! I love it love it love it! your butonholes, your dying th efabric your care and attention to detail. So glad you stand out and why shouldn't you! i wil be coming back to this review agin I am sure.
Nancy K said... (12/16/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! What a terrific idea to dye fabric for a contrast. I love this coat. It is elegant and well made.
Dei said... (12/16/07 11:29 AM) Reply
Love the fabric! It just goes to show how fabric selection is so important. Your coat is fab. Nice work.
Frogstitcher said... (12/16/07 11:09 AM) Reply
Oh so adorably cute. Where most people are bundled up in dark deary colors that match some winter days, you must look like a ray of sunshine in your vintagey-fabulous coat.
solosmocker said... (12/16/07 10:41 AM) Reply
Your coat is fabulous and I love the vintage-ness of it all!
ryan's mom said... (12/16/07 10:34 AM) Reply
Terrific coat! I can just picture you wearing it around town too :) .
Ronda Rae said... (12/16/07 10:01 AM) Reply
This coat is gorgeous!! I'll bet you do get lots of comments.
Linda G said... (12/16/07 9:39 AM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful. You did a great job on the bound buttonholes...the fabric looks a little loose weave which makes bound buttonholes even more of a challenge.
said... (12/16/07 9:37 AM) Reply
That's so gorgeous! What a fabulous style! Great, great work! You're an inspiration. :)
carolynw said... (12/16/07 9:33 AM) Reply
Connie this is wonderful - I am sure you stand out in a crowd but for all the good and right reasons!

Self Drafted Pattern 320845-1000