Pattern Reviews> Other> The Lantern Bag (The Lantern Bag)

Reviewed by:Amylou

About Amylou
Member since: 10/11/05
Posted on:11/30/05 7:49 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

fesnina said... (12/2/05 1:14 PM) Reply
Amylou, your bags came out great! I like the way you used the contrast fabric in just the front and lining. I agree that some may prefer longer straps, but I find that for me the 18" straps are perfect - I like how the bag sits securely under my arm when I put the bag over my shoulder. I made a second bag this weekend in the large size and also found that quilter's cotton is a little flimsy, so I ended up adding interfacing to the front panels which really helped. Fortunately the Laurel Birch cottons have a little more weight to them and my first bag is working well as a purse. I am thinking of adding some velco dots as a simple closure but maybe working a button/loop closure into future bags.
Danvillegirl said... (12/1/05 5:31 AM) Reply
Really nice looking bags. I now have added this pattern to my purse wishlist.
BjP said... (11/30/05 6:38 PM) Reply
I really like this bag! Thanks for the link to the pattern....I just ordered it! (Just got an e-mail and it's backordered..drats.)
Pam Z said... (11/30/05 6:11 PM) Reply
PVA....If you go to and click on ABC listing (on the left of the page) you'll find the lantern bag pattern. Here's the direct link.
PVA said... (11/30/05 10:03 AM) Reply
Oh, this is a great bag! I love what you've done with it. Thanks for the link to Fesnina's bag! Where do we find the pattern?
Patti B said... (11/30/05 9:10 AM) Reply
So cute! I had missed this pattern and love the contrast fabric peeking out.
touran said... (11/30/05 8:49 AM) Reply
This is the most fun bag ever. Thanks for reviewing it.
Nickle said... (11/30/05 8:43 AM) Reply
Those bags are really nice. I like the fabric choices you used- I'm sure they'll love them.
Gigi Louis said... (11/30/05 8:23 AM) Reply
What great bags! I'm sure the recipients will love them.