Pattern Reviews> Birch Street Clothing> None (7-Fold Tie)

Reviewed by:Debbie Lancaster

About Debbie Lancasterstar
CA United States
Member since: 9/18/02
Posted on:9/22/02 11:36 PM
Last Updated:2/9/03 9:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Debbie Lancaster said... (10/16/05 8:11 AM) Reply
Ah, I didn't know that! It's true that the ties are rather stiff, but I had attributed that to the cotton. I'll have to try it without interfacing--a bonus is that Armo-Rite is kind of expensive, so if I don't need it...! Thanks!
David Coffin said... (10/15/05 9:21 PM) Reply
I havenít seen this pattern, but I canít resist pointing out that the whole point of a 7-fold tie is that it doesnít need a separate interfacing; thatís what the extra folds of tie fabric are there for. Tie interfacing was introduced as a way of replacing the 7-fold method with something cheaper: not so much tie fabric needed. So, I suggest trying this pattern without the interfacing!
AnneM said... (8/8/03 9:48 AM) Reply
Debbie - on the crepe de chin one, did you use the armo rite interfacing? I'm thinking that might keep mine from stretching further (I secured it in a couple of spots, but did not use any fusible interfacing on the charmeuse). I agree that this would be a good pattern for a print that needed showing off; it does seem to hang nicely.
said... (9/23/02 4:57 PM) Reply
I've made the Baby Sling. Simple, useful, personalizable. Made his and hers for my husband's daughter's first baby. Denim worked great, and I put their initials on the shoulder of each sling.
said... (9/23/02 12:12 PM) Reply
Great holiday gift idea: Non-boring ties for non-boring guys:). Thanks for the idea.
said... (9/23/02 10:12 AM) Reply
I've been searching for the tie interfacing for this pattern for some time, and found it last night at Baerfabric.com. I hope to make this soon.
said... (9/23/02 2:46 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I've been looking for something to sew for my SO and this sounds wonderful. I can't wait to make it myself. Have you used any of their other patterns?
said... (9/23/02 2:45 AM) Reply
Nice review of an unusual pattern for an item I think is rarely sewn at home. Looks as though it should be quite possible.

The Technique of Underlining Garments