Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> 8/2005 (Gathered V-neck #9a)

Reviewed by:Katharine in BXL

About Katharine in BXLstar
Belgium
Member since: 8/1/03
Posted on:2/4/06 9:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Katharine in BXL said... (2/26/06 8:17 AM) Reply
Ardis, I can find dental floss here easily, so I'll try that gathering method! :)
SewVeryTall said... (2/6/06 9:40 AM) Reply
Very cute top, Katharine...I love red! Thanks for the "credit", but I think you're the one who really figured this out. I actually imagined that the band on the V-neck ran further down the front, so you could run those gathers down lower [like right between the twins]. It's fun to see this top we were talking about.

I like to gather by zigzagging over a 'string' too...for future reference, it doesn't have to be gimp. It can be thin crochet yarn/thread, or thin string, or even dental floss. A few strands of regular sewing thread twisted together would work too. I use the widest and longest zigzag stitch on my machine [4mm by 4mm].

Katharine in BXL said... (2/5/06 1:33 AM) Reply
Kira, what a good idea. I added that info in. Thanks everyone else! Lorna, I should make this into a staple. It's a fun staple at that.
kv said... (2/4/06 8:15 PM) Reply
Gevaldige, Katharine!
Kira R said... (2/4/06 6:47 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely ... I have a RTW just like this in rayon jersey, very comfortable. Wore it into fadedom. Wish we could get KnipMode as easily as Burda WOF :)
KathleenS said... (2/4/06 5:43 PM) Reply
As soon as I saw your project photo, I thought what a current style this is. Thanks for the tips on DIY.
Sewliz said... (2/4/06 4:11 PM) Reply
That looks very nice! I like the gathers coming from the binding. Your top is better than the magazine's.
Lorna C. Newman said... (2/4/06 1:06 PM) Reply
Very cute and classic top ... I see this as a wardrobe staple with lots of pssibilities!
bunz said... (2/4/06 12:44 PM) Reply
Looks great! Thanks for the tip on altering another pattern.
seKimberlyso said... (2/4/06 12:10 PM) Reply
WOW! Great Job.
touran said... (2/4/06 11:53 AM) Reply
Very pretty. It's such a cool detail.
Debbie Cook said... (2/4/06 11:06 AM) Reply
Thanks Katharine -- I can see them now.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/4/06 10:58 AM) Reply
This looks beautiful with the gathering. Karla and Ardis are always very helpful. I especially like the color with your hair color.
Katharine in BXL said... (2/4/06 10:53 AM) Reply
Oh no, Debbie! I'll go back and fix it (and the 2 other reviews I posted today)
Frogstitcher said... (2/4/06 10:30 AM) Reply
This is a great looking top. Thanks for the tips and ideas in your review.
Debbie Cook said... (2/4/06 10:28 AM) Reply
P.S. I can't see the two pattern photos, getting a "Page Not Found."
Debbie Cook said... (2/4/06 10:24 AM) Reply
I love this top Katharine, and I was *just* contemplating this very thing last night. How timely!! Thank you, thank you!
mamakooz said... (2/4/06 10:22 AM) Reply
Cute top! Looks great on you!
BeckyC said... (2/4/06 9:43 AM) Reply
Very cute top, it looks great on you! I'm happy you pressed on, especially with the help of Karla and Ardis.
elizajo said... (2/4/06 9:41 AM) Reply
Cute top! The gathering and v-neck band are very flattering. I wish there was a comparable pattern from a U.S. company.

SewBaby Fleece-Easy Baby Wardrobe Pattern