Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6389 (panel skirt with godets)

Reviewed by:Lhan

About Lhanstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 2/8/06
Posted on:2/15/06 8:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
tgm and Kittys said... (9/1/10 11:38 AM) Reply
Does this pattern come in plus sizes? I also love the way your aqua blue skirt came out. Very nice!
Lhan said... (2/17/06 6:19 AM) Reply
Sorry to all of those who have commented - I have only just found them, being new to this amazingly versatile and extensive website! Thanks for your positive responses. To answer the question, no it isn't on the bias, all the pattern pieces are on the straight grain although they are odd shapes. The colours were a bit of an experiment, and I didn't like it at first but it continues to grow on me. It feels very nice to wear. Isn't it a great skirt season?? I used to hardly ever wear skirts, now I seem to have dozens!
Neefer said... (2/16/06 11:30 AM) Reply
Great skirt. I love the way you mixed the fabrics, very bold.
Mirza said... (2/16/06 6:13 AM) Reply
Once again, a beautiful skirt! I am really enjoying seeing your work.
AnneM said... (2/16/06 5:51 AM) Reply
I have the Simplicity version of this design sitting as a UFO in my sewing room. I need to get back to it! Is this one cut on the bias as well?
Danvillegirl said... (2/16/06 5:24 AM) Reply
With your swirling photo, I could see the godets. I didn't really see them in the pattern drawings. Makes for an interesting look.

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2013-12