Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5005 (6 made easy skirts)

Reviewed by:Physics Girl

About Physics Girlstar
TN USA
Member since: 1/10/06
Posted on:3/6/06 5:29 PM
Last Updated:3/6/06 5:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
sherry pete said... (3/8/06 4:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirts! I just purchased the pattern, so I'm gald to see the end result and your informative review.
AnneM said... (3/7/06 4:29 PM) Reply
Very interesting observation on the fit due to the swirled seams. Makes it an appealing pattern to want to try.
Lori V said... (3/6/06 9:12 PM) Reply
This is a great pattern. I have made it 2 times and used a knit from EOS, I omitted the zipper.
Vonnevo said... (3/6/06 7:43 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt:) This is one of my favourites too. I have sewed View A twice, minus the little flouce on one skirt... and plan to use it again. I like the centre front seam that allows adjustment for flat or rounder tummies and still fits snug thru the hips.
popoagiesmiles said... (3/6/06 7:31 PM) Reply
Does this mean that the skirt will work even for people who have a round belly and a flat backside? ( ; Actually, I have this pattern and am happy to hear such a nice review. I had been wondering if flounces were out, but your skirts have convinced me otherwise! Thanks! Yours look shorter than the pattern photo. How tall are you and how far down did they go? I would think this would be tricky to shorten.
yarnivore said... (3/6/06 5:34 PM) Reply