Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2454

Posted on:3/11/06 2:21 PM
Last Updated:3/11/06 2:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

slanden99 said... (3/13/06 9:22 AM) Reply
I really like the fabric you chose. Your jacket looks great
Irene Q said... (3/12/06 12:29 PM) Reply
6 years? Why, that's only gently aged! :-) Beautiful jacket, and a classic style. Fits great, too!
carolynw said... (3/11/06 10:55 PM) Reply
GoSewGirl: 2000 is probably it - my goodness - about 6 years in the stash - is that a record or what?? Thanks for finding the info - was driving me kind of nuts too.
carolynw said... (3/11/06 10:51 PM) Reply
Hi Mclones: It does look quite loose in the photo but isn't really so baggy - it's more of a shirt jacket than a structured jacket. I am "redesigning" myself - have been wearing baggy stuff for a long time (poor body image) - am now starting to get into more fitted styles but for a while it is going to be kind of an in between thing - keep tabs on me and let me know how I do - it will be truly appreciated.
GoSewGirl said... (3/11/06 7:52 PM) Reply
OK. I know I'm nuts, but the copyright thing was bugging me - I just did a search. I found one on ebay that says the copyright was 2000. Does that sound about right? In any case, I really like your jacket - and the pants too! Thanks for the review.
mClones said... (3/11/06 7:28 PM) Reply
I love this fabric. I didn't realize this was a jacket at first and thought that you could probably go down a size on the shoulders and also get a closer fit at the bust. I'd like to see the sleeve tucks in detail. It's a beautiful garment.
carolynw said... (3/11/06 6:29 PM) Reply
GoSewGirl: Thanks for that info - I searched very carefully but did not find any date but will keep looking - as you say - it should be there - I may just be missing it.
GoSewGirl said... (3/11/06 3:21 PM) Reply
This is a really nice pattern! And you made a really nice jacket. It's hard to guess when it came out, because it seems very classic! However, for the year it was printed, check the back of the envelope along the left hand side. Next to the Vogue Pattern Service printing there should be some small writing and next to the copyright symbol (tiny) is the year it was printed! It's usually small, but it should be there!

Violette Field Threads Stella

by: busymomof3

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Sassy Bag