Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> Easy Fashion 06 (Modified tunic/tiered skirt)

Reviewed by:jheralinn

About jheralinn
NH USA
Member since: 1/23/05
Posted on:3/19/06 1:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
jheralinn said... (3/20/06 1:06 PM) Reply
Reply to HawkeMorningStar7-- I completely eliminated the skirt yoke. The tunic hem was at the same spot the skirt yoke would have attached to the first segment of the skirt. I just cut this the width (60) of the fabric and gathered to the hem of the tunic, probably about 1 1/2 the width of the tunic hem. The bottom layer is 2x the first tier of the skirt. A lot of fuller. I don't know what the rule is, but I would definitely go one and a half to twice the width for gathers.
Ceri590 said... (3/20/06 10:28 AM) Reply
Reminds of dresses sold by April Cornell. Great job!
Dmd4106 said... (3/20/06 9:13 AM) Reply
what a pretty dress. I bet it will be cool & comfy for the summer.
AnneM said... (3/20/06 8:15 AM) Reply
Pretty dress. I haven't tried the magazines; it would be interesting to try this.
popoagiesmiles said... (3/20/06 1:32 AM) Reply
Very cute! Thanks for the idea!
KrystalL said... (3/19/06 5:35 PM) Reply
That was a neat idea to combine the tunic and the skirt. You came out with great results. And I love the fabric for this dress. Looks like you're ready for the summer!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/19/06 3:35 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, what a cool idea. I am messing with fabrics today, trying to put together tunic tops and tiered skirts. Question, did you just lengthen the yoke? How did you get it to match tunic hem width, maybe just widened yoke to match tunic hem? as yoke is so fitted. Is yoke a little "gathered" to match top hem? The gathered skirts take up sooooo much fabric and I want to make tops from the fabric too ! I wonder what the rule is, how much gather is necesssary for the skirt. I think I can get away with far less. Any ideas ?
Mary Stiefer said... (3/19/06 1:37 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress. I'm sure you look stunning in it. Very nice.
Seaspur said... (3/19/06 1:30 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great dress!
Mufffet said... (3/19/06 1:16 PM) Reply
Very nice job, and two clever ideas to eliminate the zipper and make a dress from the two parts! It is a lovely dress. Looks so nice and Springlike as well. :)

Marfy 2264