Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> 033106 (Empire Semi Princess Blouse)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:4/1/06 12:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

sewnurse2 said... (6/27/06 8:15 AM) Reply
I LOVE this pattern and wish it was available commercially. Great job. Wish I could use Pattern Boutique like you do. Have the program. Have never used it.
twistedangel said... (4/4/06 5:10 PM) Reply
I've have got to get PMB! Your projects are so very encouraging.
NancyGT said... (4/2/06 11:11 AM) Reply
I loved your comments about the fish blob test run - and will incorporate that into my next project. Best to make every effort pay off! The blouse fits beautifully on you so am sure that all your work will pay off.
Katharine in BXL said... (4/1/06 9:39 PM) Reply
That is a gorgeous fabric, so pretty & summery. Hope FL lets you use it frequently!
Schnauzer said... (4/1/06 8:30 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse Debbie!
CarolynGM said... (4/1/06 7:57 PM) Reply
You could grade this one into several sizes and sell quite a few patterns! You people who use the PMB software seem to have so much fun with it and create such perfect fitting stylish garments! I don't know how much longer I can resist buying it.
Vonnevo said... (4/1/06 7:16 PM) Reply
Very stylish and beautifully made Debbie. I appreciate your wonderful reviews, thank you for the time and thought spent in producing them :)
PVA said... (4/1/06 6:54 PM) Reply
Debbie, thank you for another great detailed review! Your blouse is just exactly what I love in a cotton shirt, especially during the really hot summer months. With the skirt it makes for a really crisp cool look, a very "finished-look". Love it!
PVA said... (4/1/06 6:52 PM) Reply
Debbie, thank you for another great detailed review! Mega thanks for all the photos! Your blouse is just exactly what I love in a cotton shirt, especially during the really hot summer months. With the skirt it makes for a really crisp cool look, a very "finished-look". Love it!
Mary Gillette said... (4/1/06 6:26 PM) Reply
Debbie, Your blouse is fabulous and looks wonderful on you! Great job.
drsue said... (4/1/06 5:22 PM) Reply
Love your blouse! Would you believe I just finished faux flat felling my jeans jacket and did it on my regular machine???? Didn't even think about the coverstitch (Hits head against wall.)
hongkongshopper said... (4/1/06 5:19 PM) Reply
Wow - very clever of you. Perfect shirt. Even the placement of the print is well thought out.
Danvillegirl said... (4/1/06 5:04 PM) Reply
You are definitely one of the queens of PMB. What a great blouse. Very helpful and informative review.
frame said... (4/1/06 3:52 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks terrific. Better than RTW! Great fit.
Hilary said... (4/1/06 3:16 PM) Reply
Debbie, your blouse is *wonderful* I had been resisting the urge to buy pattern software, but you are wearing me down, girl!! I even like the "fish blobs" version :o) Thanks for such a great review! And btw, I printed off your friend's tutorial-a big thanks for her, too!
FloraNature said... (4/1/06 3:16 PM) Reply
Very beautiful! I found it very helpful to look at the line drawing especially, as I'm making an empire tunic right now, with the empire section at about the same place. Hope mine turns out to be as flattering as yours!
Ladyslipper said... (4/1/06 3:07 PM) Reply
I love your blouses. Stylish, yet comfortable. Thanks for providing such wonderfully detailed reviews.
Debbie Cook said... (4/1/06 1:30 PM) Reply
Monica, Keen eye! There is dyed-to-match grosgrain ribbon stitched onto the under placket. Also, the facings are topstitched with a triple loopy coverstitch. I contemplated the loopy CS detail but decided it would get lost in the print. I'll keep it in mind for another time.
Monica Walker said... (4/1/06 1:26 PM) Reply
Debbie, Great job on the pattern, construction, and the detailed review. You instruct and inspire. On the original shirt, it looks like there is something decorative going down the front placket. Is it a stitch treatment, or is the detail woven into the fabric?
PhyllisC said... (4/1/06 1:23 PM) Reply
Really great Debbie - your custom touches are wonderful. The fabric is perfect too!
Mariko said... (4/1/06 1:10 PM) Reply
A wonderful work Debbie! Wow, I only knew the name "Wild Ginger" (thought just as one of pattern makers) but did not know about this software. Your blouse is so beautiful, just like RTW! I see many cute tops at shops and look like the construction is so simple. But they costs almost $100 even for a tiny bit of cotton fabric. I am going to look into this "Wild Ginger" thing. Thank you and please keep posting great reviews with this!
Awlful said... (4/1/06 12:39 PM) Reply
Your ability with Pattern Editor is really inspiring. Please keep posting reviews such as this one. Thanks.

by: yummymummy...