Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3108 (Panel skirt,varied views)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:4/1/06 5:30 PM
Last Updated:6/17/07 4:34 PM
Pattern Size:Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/20/09 3:48 PM) Reply
"When I originially made this pattern, I used large for waist and changed to medium from the hip down. I was concerned that this may not work this time, so decided to use large throughout. Should I make this skirt again, I will use the medium through hip unless, I significantly change in size." Hi Linda!! (I don't know if you'll receive notice of this ? but...) My "waist" is 35-1/2" and hips 40"... Sounds like I could make an XL waist and tailor down to a M hips?? Or, is this going to end up too big?? HARD to know when you're looking at these funny pattern pieces, eh?? Maybe it would make sense to do a waist-to-hip muslin?? Thanks for your help!!
Lynnelle said... (6/18/07 10:36 AM) Reply
very nicely done
Sharon M said... (6/17/07 10:07 PM) Reply
that fabric is so beautiful sewn into this skirt.
cindy-lou said... (6/17/07 9:51 PM) Reply
I Love teh silk lining and the way you lined each piece-- thanks for the detailed description!
CarolynGM said... (6/17/07 6:02 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful skirt. Great choice of techniques for your eyelet.
cmarie12 said... (6/17/07 4:35 PM) Reply
Linda - the fabric really makes this new skirt! I really like it so much!
VivianZ said... (8/21/06 2:32 PM) Reply
I have made this skirt 2 times, once in a light weight wool window pane with deconstructed seams, and once in a light weight stretch denim. It is a great pattern.
jnamcd said... (4/4/06 5:59 PM) Reply
I like the idea, too regarding the casing and the elastic. I might try that sometime! Thanks for the review! Great job!
Pam in Amsterdam said... (4/2/06 6:12 AM) Reply
nice skirt, Linda. What a great idea about casing elastic. I've had the problem for some weeks, I was thinking the casing was too wide, but the stitch in the ditch will solve the problem. My fabric is stretch velvet, knee length.

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Traditional Muumuu