Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3108 (Panel skirt,varied views)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:4/1/06 5:30 PM
Last Updated:6/17/07 4:34 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/20/09 3:48 PM) Reply
"When I originially made this pattern, I used large for waist and changed to medium from the hip down. I was concerned that this may not work this time, so decided to use large throughout. Should I make this skirt again, I will use the medium through hip unless, I significantly change in size." Hi Linda!! (I don't know if you'll receive notice of this ? but...) My "waist" is 35-1/2" and hips 40"... Sounds like I could make an XL waist and tailor down to a M hips?? Or, is this going to end up too big?? HARD to know when you're looking at these funny pattern pieces, eh?? Maybe it would make sense to do a waist-to-hip muslin?? Thanks for your help!!
Lynnelle said... (6/18/07 10:36 AM) Reply
very nicely done
Sharon M said... (6/17/07 10:07 PM) Reply
that fabric is so beautiful sewn into this skirt.
cindy-lou said... (6/17/07 9:51 PM) Reply
I Love teh silk lining and the way you lined each piece-- thanks for the detailed description!
CarolynGM said... (6/17/07 6:02 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful skirt. Great choice of techniques for your eyelet.
cmarie12 said... (6/17/07 4:35 PM) Reply
Linda - the fabric really makes this new skirt! I really like it so much!
VivianZ said... (8/21/06 2:32 PM) Reply
I have made this skirt 2 times, once in a light weight wool window pane with deconstructed seams, and once in a light weight stretch denim. It is a great pattern.
jnamcd said... (4/4/06 5:59 PM) Reply
I like the idea, too regarding the casing and the elastic. I might try that sometime! Thanks for the review! Great job!
Pam in Amsterdam said... (4/2/06 6:12 AM) Reply
nice skirt, Linda. What a great idea about casing elastic. I've had the problem for some weeks, I was thinking the casing was too wide, but the stitch in the ditch will solve the problem. My fabric is stretch velvet, knee length.

Understanding Interfacings