Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2899 (Guy Laroche Dress)

Reviewed by:Laurasews

About Laurasewsstar
CO United States
Member since: 12/27/04
Posted on:5/4/06 11:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Bonnie123 said... (11/14/11 11:40 AM) Reply
Great Job!
ak21 said... (6/15/10 3:27 AM) Reply
wow, just gorgeous - especially in black. a great 'go-to' dress for any formal occasion. i think i might give this a go. thx for the review.
louisianamom said... (4/5/10 11:41 PM) Reply
I am having this dress made (afraid to tackle it myself). I am considering a matte jersey fabric. What do you think? I was also afraid of the ruching at the hip and was going to leave it off. I would appreciate any advice.
jonesyb said... (1/29/10 2:51 PM) Reply
Wow! What a stunning dress!!
Gold said... (12/28/09 12:41 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I have this pattern and now you have inspire to want to make it ! Thanks for the review.
cassfox said... (8/25/09 5:03 PM) Reply
How sweet is this whole story!! :-) And the dress! It's FABULOUS my dahhhling! :-) Thank you for this, I'm going to sew this for a wedding this weekend!
Sewnforever said... (3/30/09 1:18 PM) Reply
Have just ordered this pattern and am now really looking forward to making it. Am planning to use a silk jersey - will this work?!
Berry B said... (2/9/09 3:59 AM) Reply
I love this dress but was scared it would be too difficult. Thanks to your review I might give it a try. It's lovely and fits you great!!!
Sweetiebop said... (1/31/09 1:26 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I think you look marvelous in your dress and you encourage me to drop a few pounds to make mine.
SicilianChick said... (1/31/09 12:26 PM) Reply
I also love the design but have yet to sew it- I bought the pattern for my daughter, and one for me. However, she is short waisted and doesn't care for the ruching on the lower front side seam. Is there any way I can sew it without ruching it? I am cutting it out now, Please advice ASAP! Thank you for the great review too.
Cassy said... (10/22/08 12:54 PM) Reply
The dress looks great on you. I have this pattern but hadn't decided to sew it yet, I think I'll need to move it up on my "to sew" list.
Angien said... (3/4/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! And gorgeous on you! Happy Birthday girlfriend!
JaneH said... (1/16/07 4:29 PM) Reply
Beautifully made!!
AuntieShel said... (9/29/06 9:39 AM) Reply
I know I'm way late, but I was looking at patterns for an upcoming wedding and, of course, wanted to see if any of my choices were reviewed on pattern review--Please add my congrats on this fabulous dress. If only I knew it would look as good on me as it does on you. Fabulous.
007educo said... (5/18/06 0:15 AM) Reply
Oh wow!! I just bought this pattern too! This dress is on my list of my summer projects. I was also thinking of cutting it off to hip level and making it a top for the summer too.
Laurasews said... (5/5/06 4:00 PM) Reply
Wow! Thanks for reading my review and for all the great comments and birthday wishes. DH loved the dress too! And I love him - he is definately a keeper. Thanks again!
LBJ said... (5/5/06 3:54 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, sexy sexy dress! Congratulations on turning 40 and for having such a wonderful husband!
Tiner W said... (5/5/06 11:28 AM) Reply
Drop-dead gorgeous!
CSM--Carla said... (5/5/06 10:18 AM) Reply
Great story, gorgeous dress, gorgeous woman! Thanks for sharing.
cindyann said... (5/5/06 10:16 AM) Reply
Happy birthday! You look fabulous in that awsome dress.
Marita Kinnula said... (5/5/06 9:53 AM) Reply
You look great!!! Thank you for the good review.:-) Marita
Mary Stiefer said... (5/5/06 9:51 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. I love the open back.
milwaukee_kelly said... (5/5/06 9:33 AM) Reply
Awh! Happy Birthday! Lovely story, and smashing dress.
squirrellypoo said... (5/5/06 9:19 AM) Reply
It fits you like a dream! Very nice!
KathleenS said... (5/5/06 8:24 AM) Reply
You got this done quickly! It looks just like the pattern illustration, which is a very positive recommendation for the pattern. I hope your husband likes the finished article too.
AnneM said... (5/5/06 8:22 AM) Reply
Wow. What a great story on your dress. It looks stunning on you; it really shows off your figure in an elegant way. Your DH must have been so proud to have you at the party in such a wonderful outfit that you made yourself.
BeckyC said... (5/5/06 7:39 AM) Reply
The dress is gorgeous on you! What a great husband you have encouraging you to buy a pattern! and gave you a surprise party - WOW He's a keeper! Happy Birthday!
Leslie in Austin said... (5/5/06 7:30 AM) Reply
Great dress, great story! This dress is lovely on your perfect little hourglass figure.
LauraM62 said... (5/5/06 7:26 AM) Reply
Really beautiful dress, looks wonderful on you. Happy Birthday too!
Lori V said... (5/5/06 7:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, it looks wonderful on you. Thanks for the review and BTW - Happy Birthday.
Jane S said... (5/5/06 6:35 AM) Reply
Terrific dress, great review and fun story. Happy, happy birthday to you!
Danvillegirl said... (5/5/06 5:25 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. I've looked at this pattern a lot but my figure does not work for this dress. This dress was made for you! I am sure you enjoyed your surprise and I am sure you and your dress got rave reviews.
Em's Summer said... (5/5/06 5:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress & happy birthday, too!
Nickle said... (5/5/06 4:58 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, looks fantastic on you. Happy 40th.
MaryBeth said... (5/5/06 4:56 AM) Reply
What a great story; perfect match to a great dress. Fabulous!
pharmercoon said... (5/5/06 2:33 AM) Reply
Great dress! and Happy Birthday! (I recently turned the big 40 too). You look wonderful! Kay
MichelleE said... (5/5/06 1:18 AM) Reply
Yowza! That dress is hot and looks great on you! Don't you just love a little black dress?
dmoonangel said... (5/5/06 0:52 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning work! Great review. Hope you had a lovely birthday!
Judy Williment said... (5/5/06 0:24 AM) Reply
Sounds like your DH is a keeper! Smart man to encourage this dress too - no wonder you felt 29, it looks fabulous.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/5/06 0:10 AM) Reply
Your dress is stunning on you! Ooohh! Thanks for sharing the wonderful review.

by: gabc