Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3407 (Misses Tops)

Viewed 2026 times

Posted on:5/15/06 6:22 AM
Last Updated:1/14/07 8:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
appleton78 said... (10/20/13 11:33 PM) Reply
Great review! I love the pictures...very helpful. You did a great job and the tanks are super flattering! Thank you for this review.
PrairieTides said... (2/5/07 10:38 PM) Reply
Your tops look great! I just got this pattern, so I'll be using some of your tips.
nancia said... (1/25/07 7:46 PM) Reply
great review. your tops look good. congratulations.
Tany said... (1/15/07 3:52 AM) Reply
Great review! Your tops fit very well! Thank you for this detailed review.
Skye said... (1/15/07 0:53 AM) Reply
very nice
BjP said... (7/18/06 10:02 PM) Reply
Don't know how I missed your reviews.....all of the tanks looks wonderful. I don't know why I don't have this pattern yet, but I certainly will get it after seeing all of your pictures. I really like the striped one! Fantastic job on all of them! (And P.S... You remind me so much of my cousin when she was younger that I enjoy seeing your pictures just because of that! :)
2BSewing said... (7/17/06 2:25 PM) Reply
Well...maybe not Queen of tank tops. How about experimentor of tank tops? Joanne...thanks for the compliment. You know with all the knit fabrics I have and the stretch laces that I have accumulated...you think I would make one with a lace trim? Maybe the next one. Carla...I haven't had any problems with skipped stitches. When I use my twin needle or stitch over a thick layer of knit fabric, I will loosen the thread tension. For example, I may go from 4 (my normal stitch tension) down to 3.5 or 3... for topstitching.
JDpenelope said... (7/16/06 9:28 PM) Reply
You are becoming the Queen of the Tank Top. I like the latest entry. Just reviewed your earlier pics, too, and believe that this pattern is a winner for you. Your work shows great attention to detail.
Riordan said... (7/16/06 2:00 PM) Reply
Very pretty top--you did a wonderful job of placing the darker print in the center--looks great! I enjoyed looking at your topstitching samples, too.
CSM--Carla said... (7/16/06 1:48 PM) Reply
As per ALL of the above--and your top stitching is reallly impressive. I've had issues with skipped stitches when tpstitching on knits--any suggestions? Thank you!!
Elona said... (7/16/06 1:35 PM) Reply
Looks to me as though you've found your PERFECT tank top! Every one looks both well-made and terrific on you.
PixieCat said... (5/16/06 4:10 PM) Reply
Wow, the fit is so nice and the tanks looks wonderful on you!
mrspenguin said... (5/16/06 11:17 AM) Reply
My goodness. Those are great. I've been looking for a good basic camisole.
Deepika said... (5/16/06 8:11 AM) Reply
What a wardrobe staple. It really fits you very well. I've now added this to my wishlist. I must try it. Thanks for your review. I love all your tanks.
countrybug said... (5/16/06 8:09 AM) Reply
Nice job and nice fabrics. I love tank tops and I like KS for knit stuff. Very nice. I also like the shorter length on you too.
hongkongshopper said... (5/15/06 11:41 PM) Reply
Great tops! The fit is perfect.
lmg said... (5/15/06 11:23 PM) Reply
So many tops! All lovely and well fitting. Looks like the pattern is a winner.
carolynw said... (5/15/06 9:43 PM) Reply
You've got a winner here - they all look great.
jlg said... (5/15/06 7:02 PM) Reply
Your tanks look fabulous.
wvsher said... (5/15/06 4:19 PM) Reply
Those are all very nice. I love the way that tank is cut. Will have to try this one sometime.
Seamingly Simple said... (5/15/06 1:11 PM) Reply
Your tops look very professionally sewn. It sounds like this would be an easy pattern to fit without a muslin. If it's a bit large around the chest/underarm area, that's easy to pin-fit and correct on the first try, before adding the bindings. Any changes can be noted on the pattern for subsequent versions. Note that some knits give more than others, though, so it's always worth a pin-fit rather than relying on previous alterations.
2BSewing said... (5/15/06 1:06 PM) Reply
Yes...I made these tops with my sewing machine. I used a narrow zig zag stitch for the 1/4" seam and then go back and use a wide zig zag on the raw edge of the seam. I then press the seam to the back of the garment. I use a normal zig zag foot for all my stitching. For some thicker knits...I do have to adjust/reduce the presser feet pressure. The basic KS patterns (tops) are fitting pretty good on me. Now, that I'm trying some different KS pattern designs...I'm finding I have to do simple adjustments to get it to fit better. I enjoy learning how to figure out these minor alterations. Now, I need to learn how to use my serger. :)
JDpenelope said... (5/15/06 11:12 AM) Reply
You've done a great job on these tops. Your results are very professional -- Are you saying that you made these knit tops without a serger? Did you zigzag or use a walking foot? I predict you will love your serger, but you're doing great without it.
Sew Jane said... (5/15/06 10:34 AM) Reply
Fabulous Fitting job, the tanks look lovely on. Thanks for such a complete and thoughtful review.
diane s said... (5/15/06 10:06 AM) Reply
What a nice fit!!!
Patti B said... (5/15/06 9:39 AM) Reply
Terrific job of fitting and a great summer wardrobe of tops. I wondered about the neckline also but this is just right.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/15/06 9:24 AM) Reply
Great looking summer top. Your alterations make this fit you perfectly.
2BSewing said... (5/15/06 8:53 AM) Reply
I thought the same about this pattern...too low cut in the front. So, I thought I would give it a try and it turned out to be perfect in the neckline area. I love it because it's comfortable to wear.
BeckyC said... (5/15/06 7:43 AM) Reply
What a wonderful fitting tank top! I've looked at this pattern and thought it was too low cut, but now that I've seen it sewn up, it's a great scoop neckline. Thanks for the review.
CarolynGM said... (5/15/06 7:19 AM) Reply
How wonderful to have such a perfectly fitted TNT tank top pattern. Good information on the alterations for the underarm flare.
mClones said... (5/15/06 7:09 AM) Reply
What a perfect--and flattering--fitting top. Thanks for showing the muslin and explaining what you did to correct it.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117