Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3016 (Today's Fit Vests)

Reviewed by:Rustybobn

About Rustybobnstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:10/18/02 4:57 PM
Last Updated:10/18/02 4:59 PM

said... (10/19/02 10:01 AM) Reply
Nan, the "pigeon breast" would explain why these patterns feel like they've got so much fabric at my neck/chest area. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't wear these.
said... (10/19/02 0:41 AM) Reply
I've had to make major alterations to make the SB patterns I've made fit--they seem to be cut for not just the lower large breast as mini mentioned, but also for a "pigeon breast", i.e., more flesh above the actual bust point. Also I've found them short waisted. So, I usually avoid them, though I was able to wrestle a wrap top into submission via lots of adjustments. In the end, though, I prefer regular Vogue or Buttericks for me. Nan
said... (10/18/02 6:45 PM) Reply
Teri, I usually like boxy--suits my angular frame, I suppose. This vest just gives me the creeps when I put it on. All those flappy pleats, maybe.
said... (10/18/02 6:38 PM) Reply
Thank you for including the photo, I bought the pattern for $.99, but have hesitated making it cos I thought it might look too boxy. The picture confirmed that. I'll put my time into another pattern.
said... (10/18/02 5:11 PM) Reply
From what I have read, these patterns are designed for a specific "middle aged" figure type: narrow shoulders, large and low bustline, etc. Although I am middle aged, I don't match that body type so I have avoided these patterns. Based on the reviews and photos I have seen, these are definitely not for everyone. Thanks for your review and photos. They will help others avoid the same mistake.

SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern