Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4076

Last Updated:4/9/07 11:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
Annette1 said... (4/13/07 2:13 AM) Reply
I can see WHY your daughter likes the top too! Very cute top on a very cute girl. :o) I have this twist-top pattern, and you said one thing that has convinced me to try it (after deciding maybe twist tops just aren't for me): It has a vertical twist. I'm busty, and I think that may work better for me. Thanks so much!
Marji said... (4/9/07 6:21 PM) Reply
I really like your version of this with the cami underneath. And amazingly there is a pattern in here for 2 generations - now that is getting pattern bang for your buck! They look great. Thanks for all the tips too.
Elemenopeo said... (4/9/07 4:50 PM) Reply
Her top looks great on her - that pattern is earning it's keep!
LiZ said... (2/9/07 3:26 PM) Reply
Very nice twist top.
ColleenS said... (2/9/07 0:05 AM) Reply
A great top and a helpful review.
ryankckids said... (2/8/07 10:24 AM) Reply
I really like the re-do. Really helpful details. Thanks!
ryan's mom said... (2/8/07 7:00 AM) Reply
What a great top! Motivated now to pull this out of my pattern stash and sew it up now... Great review!
Schnauzer said... (2/8/07 1:28 AM) Reply
Very nice Lisa.
Lorna C. Newman said... (2/7/07 12:47 PM) Reply
Lisa, this is a wonderful use of stripes! Very flattering ... this is the next project on my list! I see many versions of this in my stash ...
Debbie Cook said... (2/7/07 10:06 AM) Reply
Great ideas and execution on your alterations. Thanks for the pattern pics! The new version looks great!
carolynw said... (2/7/07 9:02 AM) Reply
Very nice Lisa and thanks for such a helpful review. Have this pattern but wasn't sure how it would turn out - had a wadder with the Jalie twist top so have been hesitant - will now try this one.
Modiste Madness said... (2/7/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for all your technical advice. Very easy to understand. I like this on you in the stripe. I think the new one is the plain one. The fit adjustments make it look even better. The neck insert looks like it was designed that way.
Ody said... (2/7/07 0:23 AM) Reply
Boy, I haven't heard A hootchy mama in years!! I like this top and I think your review is great. I agree it could be a little longer.
Rhoda K said... (2/6/07 9:59 PM) Reply
Great looking top!
Lisa Laree said... (7/8/06 7:45 PM) Reply
I didn't change the length at all; that's the way it comes ;)
dreamdesigner said... (7/2/06 4:39 PM) Reply
You didn't shorten the length? I'm short, so very curious. Cute!
Sherril Miller said... (6/19/06 8:58 PM) Reply
Great review Lisa, full of helpful hings. I wouldn't have thought about making sure the greatest stretch was around the bust, and I'd probably have forgotten to nip in the neckline a bit. Thanks for reviewing this pattern so soon.
CherylStillSews said... (6/18/06 8:25 PM) Reply
Ooh nice - I just ordered this for the gathered scoop neckline version - now I can't wait to do the twist version! Thanks.
candyo said... (6/17/06 3:58 PM) Reply
Wow, you're fast! I JUST got this pattern today!
slanden99 said... (6/14/06 6:03 PM) Reply
I like the effect of the stripes going different ways on this top. Very nice
Hilary said... (6/14/06 3:18 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love the contrasting direction of the stripes. Thanks for the review!
Em's Summer said... (6/14/06 12:20 PM) Reply
I agree that you should lengthen it, but other than that, it looks great!
dreamdesigner said... (6/14/06 11:00 AM) Reply
Great! Right after I buy the Butterick twist top pattern, and a Simplicity for a gathered scoop neck top (althought who ever reviewed it, gave it a bad one) and I was planning on buying the New Look wrap dress pattern to make a surplus wrap top - They come out with all three in one pattern! I'd be interested in how the other view turn out for you. This one is cute, but I agree it's too short
wvsher said... (6/14/06 10:47 AM) Reply
Very cute & looks great on you. What a great pattern -- twist top and wrap top in one envelope, and even a flutter sleeve variation. Wow!
BjP said... (6/14/06 8:41 AM) Reply
I like the way you used the stretch (stripes) to create a very cute top!
mamakooz said... (6/14/06 6:59 AM) Reply
Thats quick!!! It looks great.
Danvillegirl said... (6/14/06 5:25 AM) Reply
Glad to see your review. I had not seen this top and like some of the other views as well so now it is on my wishlist.
Levone said... (6/14/06 2:40 AM) Reply
Your top looks great! I just bought this over the weekend for some of the other views, so now I'm anxious to try it out.
sommeil said... (6/14/06 0:09 AM) Reply
"A hootchy mama top! Fortunately, it looks much more demure w/a cami under it ;)" HAHAHA.. That's Great. :) Your top looks fab. I may have to try this one out.
AndreaP said... (6/13/06 10:51 PM) Reply
Very nice twist top, and it fits you perfectly!
katynairn said... (6/13/06 6:50 PM) Reply