Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 1025 (BaseWearTwo)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:10/27/02 9:47 PM
Last Updated:4/29/03 9:29 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
SANDI DEVOY said... (6/7/03 5:12 PM) Reply
This is another one of her patterns I am about to use to death..I have made four of the tops and am ready to start my second skirt.
Debbie Spriggs said... (5/1/03 0:38 AM) Reply
Everything is just beautiful!!!!
Karla Kizer said... (4/30/03 10:12 PM) Reply
"i recently measured my arm length, and then i calculated what would be the 3/4 mark on my arm -- i had made my sleeves about 3 or 4 inches too short -- no wonder it didn't work!" I made the same mistake on this pattern. The sleeves seemed too long to be 3/4 sleeves for a short ..excuse me..PETITE person, so I shortened them. Bad idea. CJ knew what she was doing and I should have left them alone. Diane, another smashing success. You are doing for CJ patterns what Gigi always does for KS - creating a demand. Looks great!
Gigi Louis said... (4/30/03 10:09 AM) Reply
Diane, you always inspire me with your wonderful creations! I simply must get started on this pattern, it's aged long enough. :-O
Lori V said... (4/30/03 1:51 AM) Reply
okay, I don't think I can resist this pattern much longer. You have made some beautiful tops.
Everyday Sewist said... (4/30/03 0:33 AM) Reply
Diane, I have just recently gotten some CJ cotton/lycra and patterns. The fabric is amazing, and your pictures are very inspiring. I'm really looking forward to trying out more of these fabrics and patterns.
said... (10/31/02 9:57 PM) Reply
Another wonderful creation! I am making one myself (skirt). Re: PS, I just got mine 2 days ago. Her response to my query was to be aware of the availability date, or put a rush order, or not order at all! I'll do the latter next time. Off to finish the skirt.
said... (10/31/02 11:35 AM) Reply
Hi everyone! Christianne, Christine did mention that she might make the little shrug pattern available. Perhaps it could fit in as an additional piece in another collection....
said... (10/31/02 3:27 AM) Reply
I forgot to say thanks for adding the url, Diane. You did a great job. Say, did Christine tell you if she was going to have that wrap top you have on with the A-line dress available?
said... (10/31/02 3:20 AM) Reply
My pattern is coming from ps too. i emailed few days ago to see whats up. Haven't heard. I wish I had not purchased other tees and swing skirts...this combo sounds so versitile!
said... (10/29/02 6:36 PM) Reply
Diane, that does look like a versatile, useful pattern! I was only able to see the gold tee (computer hiccup I guess) but it's very nice! You've used really pretty fabric.
said... (10/29/02 1:27 AM) Reply
Diane, your stuff looks good too. As I said...I love this top pattern. Did you use the size that matched your measurements on the top? And was your fabric preshrunk?
said... (10/28/02 1:02 PM) Reply
Its coming ( I hope...) from PS, I'm ready to give up on them, next time I'll order direct from the designer. But I soooooo wanted to get this and try it out!
said... (10/28/02 11:34 AM) Reply
Hi everyone, thanks so much for your encouragement. It's so great to have a place to share projects and ideas! I'm puzzled about the trouble with the picture, here's the link to the album, if it helps (the pics are not that great, though....) http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/dcegelston/lst?.dir=/Christine+Jonson+Projects&.view=t Gosh, Dolores and Christianne, that's so frustrating about your pattern. I must have gotten lucky with my order or perhaps I was one of the first who got their greedy little fingers on the computer keys when the pattern came out ;)
said... (10/28/02 3:45 AM) Reply
I couldn't get to one of your pics yet either...but saw the one on the second click. I have been waiting 4 weeks for my pattern too!
said... (10/28/02 1:34 AM) Reply
diane, very cute top and skirt. I love the look of the scrunch neck
said... (10/27/02 11:33 PM) Reply
Diane, Love the tee--looks really comfy but also stylish. yahoo was not cooperating on your skirt pic, but I'll check in again tommorow pm. Love your work as always! Nan
said... (10/27/02 10:19 PM) Reply
dolores, who's shipping the pattern to you? i got mine from christine in a little over a week.
said... (10/27/02 10:18 PM) Reply
nice to see the cowl neck top made up! your outfits look great! i'm sitting in my newest tee of the same pattern -- just have to hem it up! i had a personal "duh" moment with the sleeves recently. anyone remember how i complained they were too tight? well, i didn't know where a 3/4 sleeve was supposed to hit -- i recently measured my arm length, and then i calculated what would be the 3/4 mark on my arm -- i had made my sleeves about 3 or 4 inches too short -- no wonder it didn't work!
said... (10/27/02 10:09 PM) Reply
Diane, that looks so good! I'm still waiting for my pattern, 4 weeks and counting, sigh.....
said... (10/27/02 10:06 PM) Reply
This top looks just beautiful in the fabric you chose. Very pretty!