Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7881 (Claire Shaeffer Pants)

Reviewed by:Jennifer shaw

About Jennifer shawstarstar
Posted on:8/10/06 8:42 AM
Last Updated:11/15/06 9:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
PhyllisC said... (11/16/06 10:04 PM) Reply
Good work Jennifer! Once you get to kmow a pattern it gets easier and easier to just whip off new versions, even if you need to alter.
Marji said... (11/16/06 4:56 AM) Reply
congratulations to you for getting to the Y. Might be easier though to alter the muslin and start again on new/diff pants.
PVA said... (11/15/06 11:35 PM) Reply
'Way to go, Jennifer! The back view shows they fit very nicely! Brilliant idea to get help with the fitting from a pro.
Levone said... (8/21/06 10:53 AM) Reply
Cute pants on you...I love the color fabric. Good for you to complete these pants.
Jennifer shaw said... (8/21/06 10:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments! It is going to look even better when I make the easy breezy knit shrug to coordinate with it!
tlmck3 said... (8/21/06 3:36 AM) Reply
Wow! Claire Schaefer patterns scare me to death! And, especially to tackle one for pants when you haven't given them a go in 10 years....You SHOULD absolutely be pleased and proud.
RuthieSews said... (8/21/06 3:05 AM) Reply
I similarly have a big difference between waist and hips so almost no rtw pants fit me properly and have found it is worth persevering to get a good fitting patterns pattern as I really prefer to wear pants. Generally I get one pattern to fit then make all my pants from it for about 2 years, then the fashions change and I start again with a new pattern. I find my front and back crotch depths are key. I also find I look less like a pear if I sew my pants in dark fabrics and wear with lighter tops.
Jennifer shaw said... (8/20/06 9:41 PM) Reply
joan, I chose a soft linen fabric and it was very wiggly!
carolynw said... (8/20/06 9:41 PM) Reply
Super!! Glad you stuck with it and it was so well worth it.
joan said... (8/20/06 8:47 PM) Reply
Super job, Jennifer. They look great. I think you will like them even better if you try them in a drapey fabric with weight. Good for you, perservering as you did.
PVA said... (8/11/06 0:05 AM) Reply
Jennifer, I'm looking forward to seeing the photo! Thanks for the review, I love Claire's patterns. They're such a great mix of couture & updated techniques.
Janie Viers said... (8/10/06 2:48 PM) Reply
If this fit is perfect and you look great, why not take the pants apart (sorry didn't mean it) or lay your pattern over the final pair of pants to morph the pattern?
Jennifer shaw said... (8/10/06 11:46 AM) Reply
Mary, I will post a picture of the pants this weekend. That way you can tell me what you think.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/10/06 9:28 AM) Reply
Wow - this sounds like it was a long process. Sorry you got so frustrated but did they turn out well fitting?

by: wendlesue