Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2006-130 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:8/7/06 8:20 AM
Last Updated:2/28/07 9:53 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 28 people
suzanrossi said... (3/1/07 7:59 AM) Reply
Sweet top. The pink elastic trim and the coverstitching detail are very nicely sewn! Did you have any tips about how you did that?
trinicity said... (3/1/07 7:49 AM) Reply
I really loved this when I saw it on your blog
ryan's mom said... (3/1/07 7:25 AM) Reply
I love your top! That neckline elastic is such a nice touch.
hongkongshopper said... (2/28/07 11:56 PM) Reply
Very nice, this one...I like the cute trim.
PVA said... (2/28/07 10:37 PM) Reply
Oh what a lovely fabric -- & such a great color for you! Once again, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the photos & details included in your reviews. Mega-Thank-You's, you definitely go that extra 10 miles or so! (8^D)
Modiste Madness said... (2/26/07 12:33 PM) Reply
I think I have to make this one. I love your neckline treatment.
CherylStillSews said... (2/25/07 8:14 PM) Reply
Oooh - pretty! Love it.
Em's Summer said... (2/25/07 6:10 PM) Reply
This looks soo cute. I love the fabric that you picked! It's a great color! And thanks for the steam a seam tip!
Ody said... (2/25/07 5:45 PM) Reply
Cute!!! You make me very glad I just got a new CP1000!
Lori V said... (2/25/07 5:31 PM) Reply
Great new top, Debbie.
Sew4Fun said... (2/25/07 5:03 PM) Reply
Love the new top!
Schnauzer said... (2/25/07 4:56 PM) Reply
Very nice as always Debbie!
Heatherrique said... (2/25/07 4:22 PM) Reply
As always, very informative and helpful, Debbie!
CSM--Carla said... (8/21/06 11:38 PM) Reply
What beautiful work Debbie. I can only hope to be able to sew like this someday. Sigh. Thanks for sharing! Carla
glda said... (8/19/06 9:44 PM) Reply
Love this top, beautiful! I especially like the binding around the neck. I have been wanting to ask you about the binder attachment. I recently got one but not sure how to use it. How can I get in touch with you to discuss this?
Jennifer shaw said... (8/10/06 8:38 PM) Reply
Your top is so pretty! Thanks for all of the greatly helpful hints.
Sew4Fun said... (8/10/06 7:21 PM) Reply
The outfit looks nice Debbie. I hope you and DH enjoyed LRB. Gosh that brings back a lot of memories from the 70's!!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (8/10/06 5:46 PM) Reply
Cute top-GOOD JOB!
sewbehind said... (8/10/06 10:59 AM) Reply
Great looking outfit, Debbie. I am beginning to covet one of those Coverstitch sergers too. It looks nice, very professional.
Linda E. said... (8/10/06 10:37 AM) Reply
Oh Oh that outfit is so cute on your.. I love it..
jemgirlca said... (8/10/06 10:12 AM) Reply
Your outfit looks great as usual!! It even looks better on you. :-)
Vonnevo said... (8/10/06 9:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the additional photo Debbie..very nice :))) Putting this one on my TDList.
vwgrant said... (8/9/06 8:59 PM) Reply
I think I'm impressed that you have the August WOF issue and have already sewn something, while I'm still waiting for my copy! Now, that's a fast turnaround! Isn't it great to have some tops with a little "something". When I get my mag, I'll definitely look at it.
LiZ said... (8/9/06 4:56 PM) Reply
A lovely not so ordinary top in a beautiful colour.
twistedangel said... (8/9/06 4:21 PM) Reply
Debbie, you truly are the master of fit and finish! :-)
artist1lisa said... (8/9/06 11:31 AM) Reply
Awesome style,color and stitch detail.That center front seam really worked out beautifully.
Debbie Cook said... (8/9/06 9:50 AM) Reply
Lilibet, Yes, I think the neckline is wide/deep enough to eliminate the back zip. But that's theory -- not tested!

patsijean, I have a subscription from GLP News I would hate to chase all over trying to find them. So convenient to have each issue appear monthly in the mailbox.

Thanks again everyone for the nice words!

cathy45 said... (8/9/06 9:06 AM) Reply
What a great T. Love the vertical lines & your coverstiching really makes it stand out.
Aless said... (8/9/06 3:46 AM) Reply
This really is an improvement on the basic t's I wear! Thanks again,Debbie,for pointing me in the right direction.(Now I have to find this issue ;-)) )
Karin Mantefors said... (8/8/06 2:48 PM) Reply
I really like this one! Burda Plus can sometimes look boring compare to the "normal" pattern but they are so good, but I think Burda should reach Sweden before USA. I still look for this issue in the stores!..
milwaukee_kelly said... (8/8/06 9:16 AM) Reply
Wow! Nice top Debbie. Am lusting over a coverstitch machine now.
Danvillegirl said... (8/8/06 7:07 AM) Reply
Debbie, this top looks great! I like the center front seam as it does add another vertical line. Nice top and skirt combination.
JenniferBee said... (8/8/06 4:10 AM) Reply
Noice!! I'm waiting for this BWOF to arrive and had already decided this would be a good top to try.
patsijean said... (8/8/06 0:47 AM) Reply
I love this pattern. I've look for BWF in a large bookstore but cannot find it. Would JoAnns have it?
Lilibet said... (8/7/06 11:43 PM) Reply
Very nice. This is also on my to do list. Do you think the neck is wide enough to omit the zip even in a woven?
donna wicks said... (8/7/06 10:52 PM) Reply
A beautiful top...the topstitching detail really adds to the top...great review as usual.
Sew4Fun said... (8/7/06 7:05 PM) Reply
A lovely, not so ordinary T. I like the princess seams, v-neckline and tie on this one. Great idea to use a knit fabric too.
hongkongshopper said... (8/7/06 6:00 PM) Reply
Ooh, I loike what I see!
KAB said... (8/7/06 3:49 PM) Reply
I think I like it better in knit than I might have in a woven - softer, drapier - and yes, CF seam is flattering and allows one more coverstitch opportunity. As usual, meticulous and stylish.
JDpenelope said... (8/7/06 3:00 PM) Reply
Another professional-looking top, thanks to your expertise and sense of style.
dvazz said... (8/7/06 12:25 PM) Reply
Very nice! I like the top/skirt combination overall...makes a very cute outfit!
AliceB said... (8/7/06 12:19 PM) Reply
I really like all the vertical detail you used to create an elongated profile.... I need to elongate my profile in any way possible thanks for the ideas. :) AND I am beginning to suffer from coverstitch envy the twin needle just doesn't do what a coverstitch can.
Linda E. said... (8/7/06 11:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful top I have been considering this top. Just don't seem to get it done as fast as you.
Stacy Sews said... (8/7/06 11:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful top - I LOVE the coverstitching!
OP Gal said... (8/7/06 10:59 AM) Reply
Great looking top. It's always good to read good plus-sized reviews. Your front seam save was great and looks super. I'll have to remember that one.
PVA said... (8/7/06 10:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for another great review! Your new top is definitely a winner. I really appreciate the photos showing the stitching detail. (I'm having trouble subduing my cover-stitch-machine-envy!) I love the top & skirt combo -- great color & print!
Vonnevo said... (8/7/06 10:10 AM) Reply
Fabulous Debbie! The princess seams and your additional vertical seams with CS'ing, add a nice design feature.
Izzie said... (8/7/06 9:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the topstitching detail.
Lori V said... (8/7/06 9:52 AM) Reply
Debbie, beautiful top. The CF seam does add a nice touch and detail to the top.
Debbie Cook said... (8/7/06 9:35 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Moxie, yes, the binding was done with the 3/8" A attachment.
Moxie said... (8/7/06 9:23 AM) Reply
Love your cover stitch detail it looks very professional. Did you apply the binding with the binding attachment? I've looked t your guide for using a binding attachment and it was very good. I've just purchased the attachment and look forward to using it with your instructions. Thanks
Amber in Norfolk said... (8/7/06 9:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty, I like the center front seam too!
Linda F said... (8/7/06 9:19 AM) Reply
I love your top! All that beautiful cover stitch detail is making me want to get a machine for my own!
Mary Stiefer said... (8/7/06 9:15 AM) Reply
Great look top and I, like many others, like the center front seam too. Great job.
BjP said... (8/7/06 8:55 AM) Reply
Great looking top! I like that CF seam, too, so how nice that it really worked out well!
Sherril Miller said... (8/7/06 8:54 AM) Reply
The vertical lines are great and the fit is nice. It seems a bit longer than most tops you wear. How's that working for you? Great idea to use a knit as it makes a very pretty t-shirt alternative.
BeckyC said... (8/7/06 8:39 AM) Reply
A very pretty, feminine top. I love all the vertical lines - very slimming. Your attention to detail is awesome with coverstitching your binding and seams.

More Knits