Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 101 (Gaza Dress)

Reviewed by:Margaret

Last Updated:11/8/02 2:29 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by Margaret using this Pattern

Carol909 said... (9/23/11 1:51 AM) Reply
I love the way you arranged your two fabrics -- I'll be borrowing that layout for my own version, thank you! :-)
Kai said... (3/15/04 2:15 PM) Reply
How very very cute. I love to make costumes and timeless pieces such as this.
Ruqayya said... (11/29/03 7:29 PM) Reply
I love this dress style. I have made several of them and get compliments on them all the time. I've actually took the time to apply the traditional palestinian crosstich style embroidery on some sections. Like Margret said, the panels flatter, especially us "round and softer" gals. ;)
Susan R said... (6/4/03 8:00 PM) Reply
I have made this pattern twice and love it. The first time, I used inexpensive fabric to see how the pattern worked. The second time, I quilted the yoke in a crazy-quilt style with thin strips of fabric left over from previous projects. I also inserted contrasting piping between seams and used decorative stitch down the front seams. The pattern is fun and quite flattering. I wear it around the house to relax.
said... (11/8/02 7:36 PM) Reply
Margaret, this looks so attractive, frankly, I've seen lots of looks like this in fashion mags so I don't think you need to just wear it at home-- Show it off!!
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
said... (11/5/02 8:05 PM) Reply
This project sounds neat! I love Folkwear patterns, but have never tried this one.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment