Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7068 (Misses Evening Dress)

Reviewed by:wood turtle

About wood turtle
MN USA
Member since: 9/18/02
Posted on:8/26/06 8:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Miss Fairchild said... (8/9/08 8:31 AM) Reply
She's not only grinning because she's going to the prom, but she's also grinning because she's going to the prom with a dress she made. A fine job and a great color choice!
wood turtle said... (8/28/06 9:42 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comments. It made that uploading ordeal worthwhile.
milwaukee_kelly said... (8/28/06 9:15 AM) Reply
Wow! What an accomplishment for a teenager!
melgosews said... (8/27/06 6:52 PM) Reply
This pink satin is to die for, so lovely! The dress looks so nice on your daughter. Love the black and white tux on the young man to match her. Congrats to your daughter on her prize at the county fair. This dress will always be special to her, I know my prom dresses were.
Elemenopeo said... (8/27/06 6:00 PM) Reply
Looks great!
OP Gal said... (8/27/06 12:24 PM) Reply
I'm impressed that an advanced beginner could do such a good job on a difficult fabric such as satin. The gown and the person who made it look beautiful
RuthieSews said... (8/27/06 8:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for the picture. It is worth it because otherwise we are left imagining what it might be like from the description and pattern envelope.
Danvillegirl said... (8/27/06 7:32 AM) Reply
She did a nice job on the dress!
wood turtle said... (8/26/06 11:24 PM) Reply
There, I think I've got it. I tried one last time to upload a new copy and it went in. The first one I uploaded was huge and I used the resize feature and maybe that did something weird to my picture. I hope people really appreciate pictures because they sure are a lot of work, at least for me.
wood turtle said... (8/26/06 11:15 PM) Reply
I've tried numerous times to reload, and I just get a "done" screen with the white color of death and no picture uploaded. The picture I have in is about the same size as the one I have in my other review. I have the file size down to 22 KB and still it won't upload. I thought pictures would be easier on PR but it's not turning out that way for me. Perhaps it has something to do with a dialup connection.
wood turtle said... (8/26/06 9:59 PM) Reply
I'll see what I can do. It worked fine when I first posted the review.
Nancywin said... (8/26/06 9:07 PM) Reply
Can you try reloading the picture? It only comes up as a thumbnail and you can't really see the dress.

All About Linings