Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Posted on:11/6/02 1:10 PM
Last Updated:11/8/02 2:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Margaret said... (11/12/02 0:19 AM) Reply
I find the selection of RTW slips is often pretty limited--well, usually I see several different lengths, but only about 3 colors. It will take some time to make a slip, but this one's quick to make and I like sewing a lot more than clothes shopping anyway. I should point out that Kwik Sew seam allowances are often not the usual 5/8", so check the directions for that before you start sewing. I think they were 1/4" for this pattern (can't find it right now, must have put it somewhere strange when I was reviewing it). This is relatively small, but didn't cause me problems with fitting or unravelling since the pattern requires a stretch knit.
said... (11/8/02 4:50 PM) Reply
This sounds like I might beable to make it. Your last comment of beginner sewing with knits caught my attention.
said... (11/6/02 2:20 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review Margaret. I have been considering the pattern. I have just discovered Kwik Sew and really love them.
said... (11/6/02 1:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for this useful review, Margaret. I haven't sewn any lingerie yet, but that is an area of sewing that appeals to me as it would eliminate the difficult, exhausting, often last-minute search for just the right slip. I bet your dark blue slip is really pretty.

Serendipity Studio 117 Diane Kimono Dress