Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Wedding Chuppah Cloth (Wedding Chuppah Cloth)

Viewed 1952 times

Posted on:9/1/06 11:50 PM
Last Updated:8/17/08 11:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Nancy K said... (8/18/08 8:44 AM) Reply
I sent this on to my dil last year and her mother made this in the silks that dil had brought back from China. It was just wonderful. Thank you so much for posting this. They just lent it to a friend for her wedding yesterday and they use it as a wall hanging. A wonderful piece of art for the wall. My sil ended up finishing the edges and she sewed in loops to hang this on the wall.
Annette1 said... (8/17/08 3:16 PM) Reply
What a WONDERFUL keepsake you now have from your wedding. It's GORGEOUS! I would have never thought of hanging it over the bed, but that WOULD be really pretty. On another note, about a year ago I was at a surprise birthday party, and the lady who was sitting at the table next to me had one of those seatbelt purses. It was SO nice! I've wanted one ever since -- ha! And on ANOTHER note (you're probably thinking, is she ever going to shut up?), I wish you'd post a picture of you in your wedding dress, too!
Liana said... (9/3/06 8:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
kv said... (9/3/06 11:34 AM) Reply
that is a gorgeous chuppah! why not loan it out to other kallahs for their weddings? It would make a nice canopy over your bed, too.
blue mooney said... (9/3/06 7:20 AM) Reply
What a great idea!
Linda E. said... (9/2/06 9:14 PM) Reply
beautiful red.. love the Chuppah Cloth...
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/2/06 3:32 PM) Reply
That is so lovely!
Nancy K said... (9/2/06 3:10 PM) Reply
This is so beautiful. My son is getting married next summer, perhaps this is something they would like. Thanks for sharing this with us
bunz said... (9/2/06 2:48 PM) Reply
OMG - that is soooo gorgeous!! Mazel-tov:-) Thank you for sharing it with us.
Modiste Madness said... (9/2/06 10:46 AM) Reply
The picture opened and I thought, "That is absolutely beautiful." I love the red and flowers on the poles. I think you couldn't help be extra happy standing under it.
OP Gal said... (9/2/06 10:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful chuppa cloth. Very creative and ingenious. May you have many years of wedded bliss.
cathy45 said... (9/2/06 9:37 AM) Reply
THis is so beautiful. What a wonderful way to bring part of both your cultures into the ceremony.
Merry G said... (9/2/06 8:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful...do hang it... : )
MaryBeth said... (9/2/06 8:35 AM) Reply
Another great "Ritual Cloth"!
slee said... (9/2/06 6:29 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Beth5646, a chuppah cloth tied to 4 poles is used as a canopy in a Jewish wedding. The bride and groom stand underneath the cloth during the ceremony. My husband is Jewish and I am Chinese. The color red is very prominent in Chinese weddings, it symbolizes love, joy, good luck, & happiness, so I incorporated both of our backgrounds together in our wedding.
patsijean said... (9/2/06 1:51 AM) Reply
You must have felt a little extra special standing underneath the Chuppah Cloth knowing that you and your aunt made it. It is beautiful. For Holidays you could use the Cloth on your buffet (I would protect it with a piece of glass cut to the table's size), or you could hang or drape for display on holidays. It could hang like a canopy within a frame, but may not hang well if hung vertically. However you use it, it will be lovely.
beth5646 said... (9/2/06 1:19 AM) Reply
I think it is very pretty, but what is a chuppah cloth used for?
Jennifer shaw said... (9/2/06 0:28 AM) Reply
Such a wonderful and beautiful memory for your special day!! Mazeltov!
daff said... (9/2/06 0:08 AM) Reply
That is SO GORGEOUS! What a special, heirloom piece for a wedding!
luvzdogz said... (9/2/06 0:06 AM) Reply
That is really gorgeous - maybe it is something they can keep after the wedding. The reds are very rich - great job!

Understanding Knit Fabrics