Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4109 (Built By Wendy Jacket)

Reviewed by:lmg

About lmgstarstar
NA CANADA
Member since: 1/5/05
Posted on:9/2/06 11:22 PM
Last Updated:10/6/06 9:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Athene said... (11/12/08 2:47 AM) Reply
Your green jacket picture popped up on the side bar when I was reading reviews tonight . It looked so pretty I had to read the review. Great results with both jackets - the newer green version and the older denim version.
cindy-lou said... (12/7/06 1:58 PM) Reply
That is one hip jacket. Beautiful!
bunz said... (10/7/06 6:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!!!
Mary Stiefer said... (10/7/06 10:50 AM) Reply
It's amazing what a difference fabric makes. Same jacket pattern, two different views and they totally look like two different jackets. Great job.
sewkal said... (10/7/06 9:25 AM) Reply
Wow, I really like your boucle jacket. It looks just like the ones that are in all the fashion magazines right now!
candyo said... (10/7/06 9:07 AM) Reply
I like yours much better than the envelope photos.
casken said... (10/7/06 0:13 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket! I love your details. Thank you for your review.
SarahWeb said... (9/6/06 11:43 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. I'm going to have to check out the "built by Wendy" patterns.
Elemenopeo said... (9/5/06 10:47 AM) Reply
So stylish for a fun casual jacket. love those buttons.
cathy45 said... (9/3/06 2:56 PM) Reply
Love the lines on this jacket! I've passed it by many times seeing only to cropped jacket in the pattern pics foreground. But this jacket is wonderful! Love your large buttons.
Sharon M said... (9/3/06 2:15 PM) Reply
I like it! I passed on this pattern previously, but I've changed my mind after seeing yours.
Stacy Sews said... (9/3/06 12:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for making this up in denim! My mom bought a jacket recently at Gap that has a similar style and wanted to make one up like this. Your version looks great.
carolynw said... (9/3/06 9:13 AM) Reply
Nice jacket - looks really good on you - am adding pattern to my "coats to make" stash - can't have too many of them!!
Karla Kizer said... (9/3/06 8:24 AM) Reply
Looks like the perfect casual jacket, and I love the details you added. Re: the facings. One of Nancy Zieman's books suggests cutting the front facings in an unlined jacket so that they are shoulder width at the top, above the bustline. That way they are included in the armhole seam and won't flap. Maybe next time this change would work. There is a next time, isn't there? This jacket is too cute and versatile to make only once.
OP Gal said... (9/3/06 8:23 AM) Reply
A great review. I love the use of the contrasting fabric for the cuffs and the contrasting topstitching.
CarolynGM said... (9/3/06 6:50 AM) Reply
Perfect casual jacket. I like your buttons and contrast cuffs.
Patzee said... (9/3/06 1:51 AM) Reply
This is just the type of jacket I could use. Thanks for the helpful review!
touran said... (9/3/06 0:57 AM) Reply
What a good looking jacket. I love the ultrasuede details.
lmg said... (9/2/06 11:43 PM) Reply
mClones: I did not make a muslin or alter other than to petite it at the waist and narrow the back which I do to every pattern.
Seaspur said... (9/2/06 11:36 PM) Reply
Love your jacket! I have the pattern cutout and am thinking about making it in cream corduroy. Thanks for the review.
mClones said... (9/2/06 11:33 PM) Reply
I like it, especially those pockets, your use of ultrasuede & the cuffs. Great style on you and nice fit. Did you make a muslin or any alterations?

Victory Hazel Paper Pattern