Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4124 (Knit tunics)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:9/7/06 3:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
MelissaB in WA said... (11/12/06 6:33 PM) Reply
I really like your top Lori! I just bought this pattern yesterday and I look forward to making it up (hopefully this week).
*Jessica* said... (10/29/06 10:16 PM) Reply
nice. i like this style. i think it looks lovely.
Stacy Sews said... (9/12/06 9:06 AM) Reply
This is a fantastic looking top - much better than the pattern photo! Thanks for doing a review on this, I'm going to have to check it out now!
Kinesis said... (9/10/06 9:20 PM) Reply
Wow, fabulous top. Yours looks much better than the one illustrated on the pattern sleeve! The finish around the band on the front is impeccable - very professional-looking. You've done a brilliant job.
KAB said... (9/9/06 3:27 PM) Reply
Very stylish knit top (hardly a tunic, with its great fitting). I too like the front plain as it emphasizes your precise needlework.
dreamdesigner said... (9/9/06 2:16 PM) Reply
Ohhhh, I like that. I think dd's would like it too! Another example of someone here creating something more attractive than the pattern envelope!
Modiste Madness said... (9/9/06 9:55 AM) Reply
I like you unembellished verson and the shade of red you used. I don't think it needs anything to make it look striking. Your top looks really good.
OP Gal said... (9/8/06 7:09 PM) Reply
Great looking top. It doesn't need embellishment--it looks beautiful the way it is.
Lori V said... (9/8/06 7:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the wonderful comments. I am enjoying taking the pictures outside. time2sew - winter, oh, don't want to think about it! Maybe save all my pictures and do them in the snow, that would be pretty.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/8/06 0:02 AM) Reply
Great looking tunic.
Nata said... (9/7/06 7:29 PM) Reply
Lori, your tunic is lovely.
christine A said... (9/7/06 7:15 PM) Reply
beautiful top. I too have this pattern and have yet to make it. I am glad to see it looks so nice in a plain knit!
sewfan said... (9/7/06 7:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I agree that yours looks much better than the pattern photo.
carolynw said... (9/7/06 6:42 PM) Reply
Lori - beautiful top - am going to go for this as with the gathers in the front it should enhance my 'ahem' lack of frontage LOL. Love the colour you chose - should be dynamite on you.
Sew4Fun said... (9/7/06 6:30 PM) Reply
Really nice top Lori.
rosephreak said... (9/7/06 6:08 PM) Reply
Someone else beat me to it - i was going to comment on how you chose your clothing to coordinate with your roses - that's something I'd do! Lovely top.
squirrellypoo said... (9/7/06 5:52 PM) Reply
That's really nice, and it would be soooo versatile! I could see about five of these making their home in my wardrobe, in various colours and contrasting bands!
frame said... (9/7/06 5:46 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. The color is beautiful. Thanks for this review.
Dale C said... (9/7/06 5:30 PM) Reply
That's a cute top. I wouldn't have thought an empire line would work here, but it came out great.
jnamcd said... (9/7/06 4:42 PM) Reply
I like yours better than the pattern photos! Turned out beautiful and great review!
Linda F said... (9/7/06 4:17 PM) Reply
stunning! I love it! I always love your photos taken in the garden. What will you do for the winter shots?!
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (9/7/06 4:13 PM) Reply
I love how coordinate the color of the top with the flowers underneath in your photo.Composition is clearly one of your strengths! I just got this pattern and I'm ready to give it a shot very soon.
Carol Ch said... (9/7/06 4:09 PM) Reply
I love your top, very pretty especially the color. Thanks so much for reviewing this pattern. It is sitting on my cutting table where it has been waiting for a couple of weeks because I have been a little afraid of the front band.
bunz said... (9/7/06 4:05 PM) Reply
Great-looking top! Do you think this pattern would work if one has a large rib cage? I see it's a bit fitted there.

by: Steph huck