Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8411

About carolynwstarstarstar
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:9/13/06 2:24 PM

cathy45 said... (9/14/06 11:52 PM) Reply
Perfect fit! Lousy neighbors should wake you more often-LOL.
slanden99 said... (9/14/06 9:38 AM) Reply
Great pants and great fit
sarahb said... (9/14/06 7:39 AM) Reply
i think your pants look great partly because the fit is so great--that is how well-fitting pants are supposed to look over the derrierre! A looser fit would look too big. I wish I could sew such a great fitting pair of pants. :-)
Danvillegirl said... (9/14/06 5:27 AM) Reply
My first thought when clicking on you pants was "What a nice fitting pair of pants". I don't see the problem you see with the back either. But fit is really a personal thing. I think the pants are way more than OK, I think they are very flattering and fit you very well. If you were selling, I would buy!
jewelea said... (9/13/06 10:16 PM) Reply
The picture made me read the review; I agree that they look terrific.
Kay Y said... (9/13/06 8:43 PM) Reply
I am in agreement with the others - you have achieved a great fit. I much prefer Burda trousers with their forward inseam and now look for this and would not willingly make a big 4 pants. Part of the thinking has to do with increasing the bias, therefore give or flexibility, in the fabric of the inseam. Not sure I understand it all, but it seems to work.
Vonnevo said... (9/13/06 4:19 PM) Reply
Clin, these are stylish and well fitted pants. I am thrilled that you had such success with your first Burda pants.
carolhope said... (9/13/06 4:19 PM) Reply
The fit of your pants looks perfect! I also wear flats mostly, so am reluctant to wear wide leg pants too. So afraid of looking even more "hippy". Yours look great, but try this pattern next time with a slimmer leg to see if you like it. I am jealous of your great fit. Will have to try Burda one of these days!
moushka said... (9/13/06 3:49 PM) Reply
Your pants are fantastic - wonderfully flattering. I agree with Elona about the Burda forward crotch point: it's what makes for such a great fit over the rear. Most women carry a little more behind than front; Burda's pattern draft, based on European styling, reflects this. Burda's jackets usually have a slightly higher-cut armhole than American patterns, as well, again reflecting their European cut. Great work :-)
Mermie said... (9/13/06 3:36 PM) Reply
Your pants look great! I'd be very happy with the fit of these. They look great on you.
Physics Girl said... (9/13/06 3:33 PM) Reply
From the pics, and if it's comfy, I'd say it's GREAT! Don't take this the wrong way, but I really thought -- "What a nice-looking crotch... :)... I need to pull out my untried OOP Burda pants patterns!"
Erica B. said... (9/13/06 3:10 PM) Reply
those pants are wonderful and they look great on you. I love the wider legs (I'm making a pair right now), they balance out my hips.
Elona said... (9/13/06 3:09 PM) Reply
Nice-looking pants! One wouldn't guess this was your first pair of Burdas. About your questions concerning the crotch fit ("I found the back crotch came forward quite a bit more than I am accustomed to - "), this is indeed a characteristic of Burda pants, and I think it is part of the reason that you so seldom see "camel-toe" or "smiles" with Burdas: That forward extension of the back crotch curve aids with the nice, smooth, "skirting" effect so evident on your pants front. Your back view, btw, looks fine--not in the least too tight, but you are correct in that Burda pants generally fit more snugly everywhere from waist to below the hip, even when one scrupulously follows their measurement chart.
pterion said... (9/13/06 2:44 PM) Reply
I think these pants are more than "pretty OK." They really look sharp. When I saw your picture I thought "darn, I'm going to have to go off my pattern diet again!" The fit really looks great. Nice work despite being in a bad mood.

Pauline Alice Ninot jacket

by: rosiewedne...

StyleArc Elita

by: Nan Kay

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Sewn Square One Triple Play Top Pattern