Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2005-112 (Twist Top)

Reviewed by:celeste

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Beek said... (9/23/08 11:34 AM) Reply
I absolutely love our dog's Halloween costume! Precious!
kim*brown said... (9/22/08 2:20 PM) Reply
HeeHee! Love it, reminds me of my two min pins!
katlew03 said... (9/22/08 1:47 AM) Reply
Had to comment on your Halloween costume -- picture of dog. Is he a dachshund? He has the same expression my dog used to have when I put a sweater or reindeer ears on him. Sorry this pattern didn't work out. Just wasn't the pattern for you.
Silvie said... (9/26/06 3:46 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review and sorry for all the trouble you experienced with this style. I have been sewing with BWOF all of my "sewing life" and in general I find the fit pretty good. Anyhow, they do recommend not to alter the sizes to much because it will change the proportion and the fitting . The Burda patterns are designed for an average B cup bust size up to size 40. Not sure about the larger ones . Unfortunately most of us European women are not blessed with a nice "upper size" and like to apply tricks to make us appear larger like the twist tops:) I admire all of you ladies for your patience altering patterns to make your garments fit perfectly. perfectly..........
sewbehind said... (9/24/06 6:30 PM) Reply
Celeste, thank you for the information about your sleeves. So sorry that you are having fitting issues with this top. It is very flattering even for larger busts, but I would wear it in a darker colour. (dark colours recede, lighter colours do not) I wear a 38C and the top part fit my bust perfectly with the exception of the shoulders, which I will fix. I did not do a FBA and the top fit very snug against the body.(no gaping) Personally, I wouldn't want it to be low cut and it wasn't on me. Thanks so much for your review. You have tenacity, that is for sure.
Nancywin said... (9/24/06 5:19 PM) Reply
Thaks for the fitting link. I think that will help with the other pattern I'm trying to solve!
Nancywin said... (9/24/06 3:10 PM) Reply
Celeste, this is the same problem I'm having with another BWOF dress with a similar underbust seam (but no twist.) I have altered te pattern several times and still can't get the bust to go low enough. I think what has to be done is to slash and spread the bust piece horizontally below the bust point and then redraw the curve and center front curve. BTW, I always leave a bra on my dressform - it's the only way I can get even close to my unusual proportions.
Frosty772 said... (9/24/06 1:15 PM) Reply
nick.com
milwaukee_kelly said... (9/24/06 11:45 AM) Reply
Yes, sounds like a FBA would help. Good review though!
OP Gal said... (9/24/06 10:18 AM) Reply
It's so cute on the dress form! It's too bad it didn't work out.
dreamdesigner said... (9/24/06 1:09 AM) Reply
About time they create a pattern that makes us small cup size ladies look larger! I need all the help I can get!
Mel.J said... (9/23/06 11:16 PM) Reply
Thanks Celeste, your review pic gave me the idea to use only the upper section of this top to turn into a wrap style jacket. I've done that modification to add long sleeves, so this would be interesting to try. (I've been looking at jackets/wraps that can go above a pregnant belly.) I'm sorry that you don't like it on you after that effort. From what you describe you probably do need an FBA, Jackie Ms review of this top would be a good one to read as she gives good instructions on that.
sewbehind said... (9/23/06 11:11 PM) Reply
That's too bad! I am just trying to fit this pattern and having issues with the shoulders. Apparently I'm built like a football player! Do you happen to remember which sleeves you used. They look nice. Hope your next project works out better for you.
drsue said... (9/23/06 10:47 PM) Reply
I think this is a fitting issue. Perhaps you need a FBA. The downside to a lovely figure.

SewBaby Snap Happy Booties Pattern