Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Teagarden T (Teagarden T)

Reviewed by:Modiste Madness

About Modiste Madnessstar
WI USA
Posted on:10/11/06 9:14 AM
Last Updated:4/3/08 9:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 35 people
JDpenelope said... (10/4/09 2:55 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review. I will print it out and follow your suggestions. Hope I get as good a result as you did.
blue mooney said... (4/5/08 8:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review! I have this pattern but keep forgetting about it. Now I'll go make a note to use it. You ended up with a sophisticated-looking T.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/4/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Excellent, detailed review documenting your interesting journey to this beautiful top. Thank you for sharing this. The fabric you've chosen is most interesting, and I'll bet this looks great on you. -Lily
Karla Kizer said... (4/4/08 8:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful results. I've had the pattern for years, but haven't tackled it because 1- the right fabric didn't fall off the closet shelf when I opened the door 2- I've been concerned about this pattern for my generously endowed front torso and 3-I am a coward. I'll rethink things now that I've seen your top and your very thorough, helpful review.
Athene said... (4/3/08 11:33 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful fabric choice. A wonderful top.
Jennifer shaw said... (4/3/08 10:33 PM) Reply
Thank you for writing a terrific review. I really appreciate your tips on fabric selection. Your top is gorgeous!
solosmocker said... (4/3/08 9:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful top and excellent review. You have inspired me to pull this one out of my stash. Thanks for the inspiration.
Modiste Madness said... (4/3/08 9:09 PM) Reply

Modiste Madness said... (4/3/08 9:07 PM) Reply
I have rebatched them all and set the security settings again. They were public to start out with so who knows. I logged out of everything and was able to see them. Let me know if you have anymore problems. Thanks for telling me.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/3/08 3:04 PM) Reply
Likewise, can't access your photos, but will check back in case you're able to fix the links. -Lily
tentmaker said... (4/3/08 12:35 PM) Reply
For some reason, I cannot see the pictures in your review. I have this pattern, but have not sewed it up yet. I surely would like to see yours. Thanks for the sewing tips on this pattern. Jackie
Mary Stiefer said... (4/3/08 10:37 AM) Reply
Don't know why - but I keep getting "this photo is private".
cecelia said... (4/3/08 9:30 AM) Reply
OMG, this was one of my first patterns I sewed after a long hiatus, and I nearly went nuts. Now I love it--yours turned out well.
AlexaNJ said... (7/6/07 10:41 AM) Reply
What a fun fabric, and great hints for those who wish to sew this pattern in the future! Great review!
carolynw said... (10/14/06 11:07 AM) Reply
Good for you Cathy - I am the one who said using a nap fabric was a total disaster - your version has me wanting to try again but ---
Modiste Madness said... (10/12/06 7:00 PM) Reply
The pattern is still available. Just follow tht link above. It will take you right to that page. This is a really flattering pattern regardless of body type. So if you are thinking about it make sure you give it a try. It is definately worth it.
Rebecca D said... (10/12/06 4:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for such a detailed review. It's a real help to me. Your project turned out just wonderfully.
Queendom said... (10/12/06 1:10 PM) Reply
Really terrific review! Blouse is just lovely. Thank you so much for taking the time to review this. I've often wondered about this pattern.
AuntieShel said... (10/12/06 12:13 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top and gorgeous fabric. Is this pattern OOP or still available? I think I would like making it--kind of like putting together a puzzle. Thank you for the review.
patsijean said... (10/12/06 11:03 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful top. I have been eying this pattern for quite a while. I think I may give it a whirl.
Danvillegirl said... (10/12/06 5:25 AM) Reply
I have wanted this pattern for years and finally purchased it at the National ASG in August. Your review is very helpful and I am now excited to give it a whirl. I like you need to find the right fabric for this. Thanks for this very helpful and informative review.
christine A said... (10/11/06 8:29 PM) Reply
I really love this pattern too! The fabric is perfect. I would love to see how it looks on.
cecelia said... (10/11/06 7:25 PM) Reply
Kathy--nice job--I finished this top a while ago and thought I'd lost my mind in a maze--it's quite an experience, isn't it?
Leslie Bonner said... (10/11/06 4:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful choice of fabric and great results. This is a very flattering top. I recall I had to split the pattern in the hip area in order to accommodate my hip measurement. The hard part is figuring where the hip area is since you are faced with a big puzzle piece of a pattern.
mamafitz said... (10/11/06 1:17 PM) Reply
ooh, kathy, i can't wait to see it! i'm sure it looks great, and what a wonderfully detailed review.
PVA said... (10/11/06 11:17 AM) Reply
Thank you, so much for this review! I have the pattern & will NOT use the fabric I had planned for it! I will make it, probably soon & use a knit for the "wiggle room". I took a class with Linda Lee at the Puyallup Sewing Expo where I bought the pattern & Linda advised adding about 2" to the waist/hip area. Obviously your experience is as they say, "spot-on"! Great review for a lovely result!
Izzie said... (10/11/06 10:40 AM) Reply
Great reveiw for a beautiful garment! I've made a muslin of this top and I especially appreciate your tips on marking the dots and reenforcing the gusset area. I love that you photograph your projects in a tree...sort of a sewers take on a southern bottle tree!
Peggy L said... (10/11/06 10:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for the excellant review. Beautiful and different top. I would love to see a picture of it on!
Sharon M said... (10/11/06 10:21 AM) Reply
I like the fabric you choose for this pattern. nice job.
Linda E. said... (10/11/06 10:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful top I love it.. now only if I had unlimited time to sew This pattern and several others would be on my sewing list.
CSM--Carla said... (10/11/06 9:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful Fabric. A thorough and entertaining review!! Way beyond my abilities but I enjoyed your journey. Thanks! Carla

All About Linings
All About Linings

by: chuichoy

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Petite Plus D202 DVD