Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3994 (Simplicity Costumes - Lion)

Reviewed by:Laurasews

About Laurasewsstar
CO United States
Member since: 12/27/04
Posted on:10/30/06 11:53 PM
Last Updated:10/30/06 11:53 PM
xstpenguin said... (7/25/07 10:49 AM) Reply
Aw, the nice! (Which is Scottish for really cute!) Just to let folks know that this pattern is available again, now numbered 3594. So there can be more cuteness to come!!
Laurasews said... (11/3/06 7:09 AM) Reply
Thanks for reading my review and for your nice comments. Dale, I can relate, my four year old actually switched off between 3 different costumes for the various Halloween related events. Fortunately I didn't have to make all of them. Mirza, good idea with the wonder tape. Have you ever had problems with your thread sticking to the velcro from the top side? I suppose a layer of stabilizer, paper or something on top of the velcro would take care of this.
AnneM said... (11/1/06 12:44 PM) Reply
Very cute.
NancyDaQ said... (10/31/06 6:40 PM) Reply
He looks just precious!!!
casken said... (10/31/06 4:55 PM) Reply
Aaaaah very cute!
Sue_WA said... (10/31/06 11:18 AM) Reply
Absolutely adorable!
Mirza said... (10/31/06 10:55 AM) Reply
So cute. I have gotten shaggy felt at Joann's and really liked using it. It is washable. I too hated sewing velcro until I discovered Wash away wonder tape does the trick in holding it down while I stitch it on by machine. The mane is beautiful and looks like it was hard work. Thanks for sharing!
mamamaia said... (10/31/06 10:38 AM) Reply
Sooo cute!
PKPudlin said... (10/31/06 8:08 AM) Reply
I love it! Makes me wish I had little-ies to sew for! Nice job!
BeckyC said... (10/31/06 7:57 AM) Reply
Way too cute!!!
Dale C said... (10/31/06 5:32 AM) Reply
Adorable! Thanks for the review. My daughter was thinking of being a racoon and we were hunting for racoon costumes. This one could be adapted. But she decided to be a fish. go figure.
frame said... (10/31/06 0:07 AM) Reply