Pattern Reviews> Sew Beautiful Magazine> none (Designer Suit)

Reviewed by:EleanorMcCarthy

About EleanorMcCarthy
Member since: 10/15/05
Posted on:11/15/06 2:23 AM
Last Updated:11/27/06 11:11 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
LBP said... (12/6/06 1:59 PM) Reply
You look so classy in that outfit! Beautiful job.
Jeans said... (11/28/06 8:56 AM) Reply
Well done...I'm a plus size too 28W to 30W...I'm qiute new to PR been a member since 09/02/06......I would find it a challange to put a waist band on....but you done a good Job on it..... I like the top too...will have to go to the web site you got on your Pattern Photo..Thanks for your review :-)
BeckyC said... (11/28/06 8:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. Thanks for the review.
PVA said... (11/27/06 11:32 PM) Reply
I read this review because I'm a long-time fan of Sew Beautiful Magazine. I'm so glad I did! Thanks so much for this review--your skirt is absolutely beautiful! Great save with the pocket, & no one would guess it's a save instead of a design element! (Well, I guess it's both. LOL) Are you going to review the blouse? I certainly hope so!
luvzdogz said... (11/27/06 11:18 PM) Reply
Boy - this looks like a comfy skirt and the embroidery work really individualizes the piece. I love the brown too.
AnneM said... (11/16/06 9:22 AM) Reply
Your brother is the abby tailor, and lives in Rome? That's too cool. Love your pocket design change. Great basic pattern with lots of potential.
OP Gal said... (11/16/06 8:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful. Great details. Thanks for the review.
dreamdesigner said... (11/15/06 7:35 PM) Reply
Wow Eleanor! Lovely work. I have been following your SWAP, and the fix is very clever indeed! Did not know they had tailors in the abby. The dupioni is gorgeous -- one of my favorites, but I have to say I've never seen a monk, wear such a flashy color, even for mass, not that I've met that many monks.
ACB said... (11/15/06 6:49 PM) Reply
Fabulous, love your details, great work.
Donna H said... (11/15/06 2:09 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt and I love the waistband treatment. That lavendar fabric is gorgeous.
Sewliz said... (11/15/06 8:27 AM) Reply
What a beautiful and classy skirt and what a great review! I think the pocket is a very nice design detail that really adds to the skirt and so is a good accident. I like the length of the knife pleat and how it hangs perfectly.
material things said... (11/15/06 8:13 AM) Reply
Wow! Great job on the skirt. I love the attention to detail with the pocket and embroidery and bound seams.
moss said... (11/15/06 7:18 AM) Reply
That is gorgeous! Love the embroidery!
Marji said... (11/15/06 5:50 AM) Reply
Beautiful workmanship, and nice save with the pocket
RuthieSews said... (11/15/06 3:59 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful skirt. great attention to detail.