Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2005 (Choice of T-shirts)

Reviewed by:purpleseamstress

Last Updated:11/20/06 8:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Other Projects by purpleseamstress using this Pattern

CarolynGM said... (11/22/06 5:21 PM) Reply
Love the print. You are well on your way to a great fitting TNT top.
ACB said... (11/21/06 10:26 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on!
JDpenelope said... (11/21/06 2:21 PM) Reply
I agree with the others about the loud, make that "cheerful" print. It's just great. Wish my first Jalie 2005 top would have fit as well--mine was far too tight. Have decided to stick with prints--maybe like yours--and make a full bust adjustment next time. I found that a very stretchy knit worked best for me, due to the negative ease in the pattern.
OP Gal said... (11/21/06 1:31 PM) Reply
You look fabulous in that top!
AnneM said... (11/21/06 12:15 PM) Reply
Nice T, fun fabric - just don't iron! :) And mistakes don't show much on a print.
purpleseamstress said... (11/21/06 8:56 AM) Reply
ok!! I think I'll have the courage to wear this out with everyone's positive remarks. Thanks!!
Deepika said... (11/21/06 8:53 AM) Reply
Love the top! And oh my god how fun is that fabric. I agree about the binding. I just cut mine slightly wider when I sew this t-shirt.
Stacy Sews said... (11/21/06 0:12 AM) Reply
I love this top! It looks great on you.
Nancywin said... (11/20/06 11:53 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. The colors do you look good on you and the print is definitely in for the new season. Good job
luvzdogz said... (11/20/06 11:21 PM) Reply
Don't look at this as being loud, but rather "cheerful!" This is a gorgeous print and very attractive on you. I say wear it to work, girl!
BeckyC said... (11/20/06 10:46 PM) Reply
Cute tee on you! Don't worry about the center v being off center. I saw Rachel Ray wearing a similar tee in a solid that was a v-neck, but it was off to one side - kinda at a diagonal from one shoulder. It was cute and I thought someday I might incorporate it in a tee too. You're on your way to designing a new neckline! Great pattern for you and your DD.
Lori V said... (11/20/06 9:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top, it looks great on you.
runnerchicki said... (11/20/06 9:50 PM) Reply
I think that fabric is fantastic! Wear that shirt! I love this t-shirt pattern, and I definately think it's worth working out the fit.
Annie- oh said... (11/20/06 9:05 PM) Reply
It IS gorgeous on you - and congratulations on your modifications to make it fit the way you wanted. Sounds like you're pretty practical and capable. And don't tell anyone except your fellow sewers (on this site) that there's anything you think's wrong with it!
Ec said... (11/20/06 9:00 PM) Reply
oh you definitely should try wearing it out/to work, the colours suit you and it is just gorgeous!

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2005-103