Pattern Reviews> Other> Groovy Guitars (Groovy Guitars)

Reviewed by:PegL

Last Updated:11/22/06 1:26 AM

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

daylilies said... (5/9/10 7:36 PM) Reply
Your quilt and quilting is beautiful! I just discovered this pattern and find it is not available. Does anyone know how or where I can get one? Thanks!
texas quilter said... (7/28/07 11:19 AM) Reply
Great info about the construcion of this quilt. I have been searching for this Groovy Guitars pattern, Robbi Eklow & Quilting Arts do not carry it anymore. Anyone know where I can buy it?
anna mermaid said... (12/2/06 10:21 AM) Reply

anna mermaid said... (12/2/06 10:11 AM) Reply
Peg, This is a wonderful quilt and gift! I do the same thing you do - I consider washing my quilts as the last step in the process. I want people to know exactly what they are getting!
eyveneen said... (12/2/06 0:56 AM) Reply
Hi PegL, You do such beautiful work, and it all looks so professional. Your mitered corners look so precise. I am inspired.
eyveneen said... (12/2/06 0:55 AM) Reply
Lois Henegar said... (11/30/06 11:54 AM) Reply
The quilt is beautiful and made perfectly, so the couple should be pleased, if not give him a punch, ha! Grandmothers would be so proud of you, and I know they were but did not know how smart you would become in their loved art.
Elemenopeo said... (11/28/06 4:20 PM) Reply
Stunning gift. I know enough about quilting to really appreciate your talent. Wow!
candyo said... (11/27/06 7:06 PM) Reply
That is an awesome quilt! I bet someone would pay big money for that. It's truly art.
AnneM said... (11/27/06 9:40 AM) Reply
Nothing I'll ever make (94 pieces, good grief) but it looks great. I'm sure they will love it.
SarahSews said... (11/25/06 11:10 AM) Reply
Just Lovely, and your directions for making your quilt were wonderful. Thank-you for sharing your expertise with us.
RuthieSews said... (11/24/06 1:06 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! What a great wedding gift.
SewLimited said... (11/23/06 7:59 PM) Reply
This is much better than the original picture!! My Mom, before she had Alzheimer's, would make a quilt for family members weddings and birthdays to match what they were interested in. She also made baby quilts for all the new babies at her church. Sadly, she could never get me to catch the quilting bug but I love the devotion and dedication others give to it. The last quilt she made me is my favorite treasure.
Danvillegirl said... (11/23/06 11:38 AM) Reply
What a great quilt, a real piece of art. Excellent job, thanks for sharing this.
lilhoney57 said... (11/23/06 9:42 AM) Reply
The quilt is absolutely fantastic! My dh would LOVE it!
carolynw said... (11/23/06 8:34 AM) Reply
From a fellow quilter - wow!! This is so beautiful and original. You obviously put a lot of thought and effort into producing such a beautiful quilt!! A real heirloom for your nephew.
PixieCat said... (11/23/06 6:14 AM) Reply
What an incredible quilt! Your nephew is going to love it. Thank you for all of the photos.
Stephanie C. said... (11/23/06 3:07 AM) Reply
Stunning! I am a non quilter, but I truly appreciate all the work that you put into this.
Dmd4106 said... (11/22/06 9:51 PM) Reply
Yr nephew will be very pleased with your gift. That's truly is a good looking quilt. I luv the color combo too ! Sigh.. Only wish I had yr talent.
Pyrose said... (11/22/06 4:03 PM) Reply
Awesome looking quilt! I love guitars. You did a wonderful job describing the process to us.
Irene Q said... (11/22/06 3:22 PM) Reply
Great quilt - and thanks for the detailed review!
PegL said... (11/22/06 1:47 PM) Reply
Oh my! I've been busy getting ready to go out of town and just popped in and feel overwhelmed by all the sweet responses from everyone! Thank you so much!!
sherri2sew said... (11/22/06 1:19 PM) Reply
Another WOW!
Sanibelle said... (11/22/06 11:13 AM) Reply
What an incredibly special gift. And 94 separate pieces to trace -- that's a loving aunt! Thank you so much for taking the time to share the process with us.
Mini said... (11/22/06 10:27 AM) Reply
That's the nicest quilt I've seen in a long time, and I know it will be treasured by the recipient. You are right about the borders-the guitars definitely need to be the star attraction.
pterion said... (11/22/06 10:13 AM) Reply
What a cool quilt! And what a thoughtful gift...can I be in your family? ;-)
Stacy Sews said... (11/22/06 9:39 AM) Reply
Wow! This is such a beautiful quilt - you did a fantastic job!
Frogstitcher said... (11/22/06 9:22 AM) Reply
Brilliant! I just love, love this quilt. Your pictures are a fabulous story of all the hard work and love that went into this wonderful gift. Thank you so much for sharing your quilt story.
BjP said... (11/22/06 9:20 AM) Reply
What a fabulous quilt! Truly a work of art. Love it!
Jayme said... (11/22/06 8:52 AM) Reply
WOW! Love your quilt! I have only ventured into the world of rag quilts, yours is a piece of art, created by loving hands!
Leslie in Austin said... (11/22/06 8:52 AM) Reply
This is so great! Love the design and the colors you chose. What an incredible gift. Making something like that must really make your soul sing. To steal Joanne's phrase, I, too, am an avid non-quilter and am mystified by the quilt process. Your behind-the-scenes photos and description were fascinating.
moss said... (11/22/06 8:37 AM) Reply
That is incredible. So gorgeous. Thanks for taking us "behind the scenes". What a fascinating read.
ACB said... (11/22/06 7:51 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute!
Linda E. said... (11/22/06 7:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful ... wow YOu did a marvelous job I love it..
BeckyC said... (11/22/06 7:42 AM) Reply
Your quilt for your nephew and his bride is unique and beautiful. A true gift made of love!
kmouse said... (11/22/06 7:31 AM) Reply
Get outta town! This is fabulous! Great review! Congrats to your nephew and his new wife. What more can I say?
Sherril Miller said... (11/22/06 7:22 AM) Reply
You've made a stunning piece of art. The applique work is beautiful and I love the FMQ you've done. You've inspired me to get that baby quilt done sooner rather than later as the baby's due soon.
noreend said... (11/22/06 7:04 AM) Reply
WOW! That is fabulous. What a truly unique and heartfelt wedding gift!
Peggy L said... (11/22/06 6:56 AM) Reply
It's wonderful! I loved seeing all the pictures "along the way"!! Your nephew is going to love this.
JDpenelope said... (11/22/06 6:38 AM) Reply
To an avid non-quilter, this is truly an amazing project. Since quilting is somewhat of a mystery to me, I enjoyed reading your details and seeing the photos of the entire process. The recipients will surely enjoy this awesome creation for years to come, but I wonder if they'll realize how much time, talent and devotion went into it.
e_e_thomas said... (11/22/06 5:40 AM) Reply
That's marvelous!
Pam Z said... (11/22/06 2:05 AM) Reply
I don't think the Quilt Police will come after you! Gorgeous quilting on a fun quilt. I'm sure he'll love it.
CarolynD said... (11/22/06 1:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors. It is just great.
Tov said... (11/22/06 1:33 AM) Reply
Wow!
mastdenman said... (11/22/06 1:32 AM) Reply
That's a truly beautiful quilt. Your nephew is bound to love it.

by: cln