Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2619 (Shirt from 2 Piece Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:Kateo

About Kateostar
Member since: 10/12/03
Posted on:11/25/06 4:40 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Athene said... (4/11/08 11:42 PM) Reply
You really got a good fit on this top . It looks really nice but I must say I find the amount of alterations to be a bit overwhelming. I have this pattern but may try a different one first.
mClones said... (11/26/06 10:15 PM) Reply
Great color! It has been suggested to me that I put a dart in my T's to avoid the pull lines that I see you have as well. I've tried it, and while the drag lines disappeared, I personally prefer what I jokingly like to call the TATT look (tight across the t***y) in my T's and knit tops.
Jeans said... (11/26/06 12:52 PM) Reply
Nice top....Well done..I agree with purpleseamstress the colur of green looks very pretty.
Jeans said... (11/26/06 12:40 PM) Reply
Nice top....Well done..I agree with purpleseamstress the colur of green looks nice.
AnneM said... (11/26/06 9:40 AM) Reply
Very nice top! Congrats on your shirt.
ryan's mom said... (11/26/06 8:14 AM) Reply
You really did a great job with this! Looks better than RTW :) !!
Danvillegirl said... (11/26/06 7:23 AM) Reply
I love that green. Not everyone can wear that color. You and I are the lucky ones! All of your fitting adjustments truly paid off. Your top looks and fits you great. Successful sewing really means getting good fit. You did a great job.
Helen near Sydney said... (11/26/06 0:12 AM) Reply
Kateo, the fit on this looks fine. ?maybe you've worked on it so much you can't see how good it is. The good news is that now you've perfected the pattern you can make it over and over. Well done!
tlmck3 said... (11/25/06 7:56 PM) Reply
YAY!!!! I am so happy you didn't give up. It looks great. That's one of my fave colors, too, that mossy chartruese. And, that's a great pattern to have moved toward perfection...It'll be so quick from here on out to make and you can play with different neck and sleeve variations and you will never be tee-shirtless again! (The skirt in that pattern is priceless, too.)
CarolynGM said... (11/25/06 6:34 PM) Reply
What an impressive list of alterations you came up with. They worked because the fit looks great. Congratulations on great results.
bunz said... (11/25/06 6:27 PM) Reply
Looks very RTW, and great color on you. Congrats on working this thru.
dvazz said... (11/25/06 5:37 PM) Reply
Looks great! I have this but haven't made the scoop neck because I was worried it would dip too low...but yours looks terrific, so I may give it a try!
Donna H said... (11/25/06 5:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful Top. It looks very RTW!!! Job well done.
Debbie Cook said... (11/25/06 5:07 PM) Reply
Yay! Success! This version looks fantastic ... I hope you are feeling proud of yourself, because you should be.
purpleseamstress said... (11/25/06 4:51 PM) Reply
Definitely does not look homemade! Very impressive and I love this shade of green.

by: grays08