Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4885 (Dog Coats)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:11/26/06 7:01 PM
Last Updated:12/8/06 3:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Pets    Crafts
Frogstitcher said... (12/9/06 10:03 AM) Reply
Nădao does indeed look very dapper in his new coat. Looks like a perfect fit.
Skymom said... (12/8/06 9:50 PM) Reply
He's so handsome in his coat. I love dog clothes as long as they don't look too silly, and this one doesn't. Oh, I might as well admit it, I even enjoy silly dog clothes!
CarolynGM said... (12/8/06 9:20 PM) Reply
I think I want a dog so I can make it adorable coats like this one.
JDpenelope said... (12/8/06 7:38 PM) Reply
Your coat is great -- glad I didn't miss your review. This pattern looks better than most that I have seen. I made a similar reversible coat with collar like yours from a pattern I got free on a web site. You definitely *don't* want any sleeves in a dog coat! I made a welt buttonhole in my coat, to attach the leash to my dachshund's harness, worn underneath.
Stephanie C. said... (12/8/06 4:17 PM) Reply
I love the new photo! Your coat is perfect and the dog is cute.
Jenilee said... (11/28/06 7:43 PM) Reply
I am sooooo excited I just purchased this pattern and I am glad that it went together well. I have 4 chihuahua and a min. pincher and they love to get dressed when its cold out side. Thanks for the review.
ACB said... (11/27/06 8:36 PM) Reply
Absolutely adorable, lucky little pooch!
Frogstitcher said... (11/27/06 12:17 PM) Reply
I love plaid dog coats and the fleece choice is perfect. That green looks like it may even be good for night time dog walking.
Frogstitcher said... (11/27/06 12:14 PM) Reply
AnneM said... (11/27/06 9:20 AM) Reply
What a cutie. He will look very fashionable. I particularly like the plaid side.
mewiththree said... (11/27/06 6:31 AM) Reply
First of all, I'm an engineer too! Computer engineer by trade, sewer by choice. I love this dog coat! I have been thinking about making a dog coat for my little puppy! She is a beautiful labrador. She's only five months and already big. Although, I live in the south, and we really don't get too cold, I just love dog clothes! Thanks for the helpful review!
sewbehind said... (11/27/06 0:11 AM) Reply
Very cute. Something makes me think that this won't be the last dog coat you will make!
Stephanie C. said... (11/26/06 10:05 PM) Reply
That's very nice! I love the green. My dog is 28 inches, and I've never found a pattern big enough. Thanks for sharing how you were able to grade it larger.
luvzdogz said... (11/26/06 10:03 PM) Reply
This is adorable! I love the embroidery embellishment on it - did you get that from a website? By the way, I looked hrough your gallery and you've made some adorable items. I love the hat and scarf set too.
Sharon M said... (11/26/06 9:23 PM) Reply
Oh, I'm such a sucker for dog clothes! This is adorable and I'm sure your sister will be very appreciative. Good choice to not make something with the "sleeves" as it is almost impossible to get the dogs legs into the sleeves if they don't want them there (ask me how I know!) The embroidery if very cute too.
khurtdvm said... (11/26/06 9:11 PM) Reply
Very cute! And practical. Hope your sister appreciates it! :)
ceedee said... (11/26/06 8:00 PM) Reply
Nice! Love the color choices. Smart decision to change out the wool and I like your idea of making it reversable. Timely review with Xmas around the corner; you make it sound so easy I just might try one for my little guy.

Sewing Workshop Pearl & Opal Jackets