Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Fundraising Sampler Quilt

AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:11/29/06 11:46 PM

carolynw said... (12/1/06 5:23 PM) Reply
I am inspired by this - as Program Chair for our Quilt Guild we do make many, many "charity quilts" every year. However, the reason behind this and your way of getting it done is somethign I hope you won't mind my copying. Am shortly embarking on a "Comfort and Remembrance" Quilt - made for families of those who have lost a son/daughter in Afganistan - this is being done by several women but there have been many others made for the same reason by other groups. It is heart warming to know our skills can at times be used to help those in distress.
ACB said... (12/1/06 3:24 PM) Reply
That's a work of art!
Sew4Fun said... (12/1/06 5:23 AM) Reply
Amazing and inspiring!!!
martinanne said... (11/30/06 2:47 PM) Reply
That is fantastic! I am absolutely blown away! Wonderful!
Janime said... (11/30/06 2:02 PM) Reply
The quilt is beautiful and your story is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing both with us.
khurtdvm said... (11/30/06 1:44 PM) Reply
That is so incredible! Great review, and amazing story.
Rhoda K said... (11/30/06 12:57 PM) Reply
A beautiful quilt and a wonderful story. Bless you.
Frogstitcher said... (11/30/06 12:48 PM) Reply
Your review is exceptionally inspirational and encouraging. I know just how much time and effort you put into this project and I'm in awe of your quilting and organisational skills as well the amount of compassion you showed so many people by taking on the project. This is beautifully executed, thank you for sharing.
Debbie Cook said... (11/30/06 12:29 PM) Reply
What a wonderful and inspirational story, plus a great quilt too! Thanks for sharing it, and for having a big heart to help those in need.
PegL said... (11/30/06 12:08 PM) Reply
What a beautiful quilt -- in more ways than one! Great review and wonderful example for the rest of us.
Peggy L said... (11/30/06 11:00 AM) Reply
What a wonderful project! The quilt is beautiful and the border is really pretty.
Seamingly Simple said... (11/30/06 10:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind comments. Dale C (and others) by all means print this review and share it. I'm hoping that this review will give others some ideas for using theirs skills, as well as the talents of others, to benefit whatever causes they feel are worthwhile.
BeckyC said... (11/30/06 7:50 AM) Reply
What an extraordinary way to touch the lives of so many grieving co-workers and friends. I look at this beautiful quilt as not only for the benefit of the surviving children, but as a beautiful way for so many people to work through the pain of loss. You had a great idea and your efforts really paid off. Thank you so much for sharing the whole process.
OP Gal said... (11/30/06 7:03 AM) Reply
What a wonderful idea. And, as a non-quilter, I'm always in awe of anyone who can do it. Beautiful quilt.
ElsaD said... (11/30/06 1:39 AM) Reply
It's so good to have something concrete to do as we grief. And sewing gives us a great way to do that. This is an amazing project that you led, not just in raising money for the children which is wonderful but also in that this was a way to help so many deal with their grief in the process.
Donna H said... (11/30/06 1:35 AM) Reply
A truly amazing story. Thank you for sharing it. God bless.
AnitaJ said... (11/30/06 1:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful quilt and inspirational review! Thanks for sharing the "how to's" and "learnings" from this project.
Dale C said... (11/30/06 0:19 AM) Reply
What a wonderful idea for fundraising. I think I will offer this suggestion up to the Band Booster Board next year. This year, they are raffling off a koa rocking chair, beautifully handmade by one of our boosters. I think this would be a great way to bring more parents together to support the group. Wonderful review. Do you mind if I print it up and bring it to one of our meetings? Lovely quilt too!

Understanding Knit Fabrics