Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4455 (Misses Corset Style Tops)

Reviewed by:Fleur

About Fleurstar
PA USA
Member since: 12/5/06
Posted on:12/24/06 0:17 AM
Last Updated:12/24/06 0:31 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Fabienne301 said... (10/29/08 5:11 PM) Reply
Lovely work. As a corset enthusiast I can see some real possibilities for this one. Thanks.
XandraReynolds said... (12/24/07 10:26 PM) Reply
Love it, Fleur!
AlexaNJ said... (4/18/07 9:35 AM) Reply
It looks really great! I love how you turned it into a dress! I too LOVE making dresses!!
yummymummy38 said... (12/28/06 4:31 AM) Reply
looks lovely, Fleur, thanks for all the helpful comments. I am looking for an empire top like this, don't want to not wear a bra though. Wonder if it's a style that a B cup can pull off...
fuzzygalore said... (12/26/06 11:35 AM) Reply
Very cute top! I like your use of both fabrics to emphasize the shape. And that concept of the oxymoron comfort and corset is a good one...
Minde said... (12/26/06 9:15 AM) Reply
Inspired! Gorgeous! I followed links to your website and photo album as well....just amazing work! Keep em coming :)
Katharine in BXL said... (12/25/06 12:11 PM) Reply
Intersting addition of lace, and beautiful colors. Welcome!
Chris Kelly said... (12/25/06 10:43 AM) Reply
Welcome to PR. Great review.
angi_nagel said... (12/25/06 9:24 AM) Reply
Great review - so helpful! Re: your tech questions, you can ask about that in the "Computers Arghhh" area of the message boards. Maybe someone can help you out there. Welcome to PR!
pamici said... (12/25/06 8:58 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Helen near Sydney said... (12/25/06 2:29 AM) Reply
Fleur, you can DEFINITELY stay! Fabulous dress/top and very thoughtful review. Hope we'll be seeing more of you soon.
casken said... (12/24/06 8:02 PM) Reply
Wow! You did a fantastic job. You did a great review. Thank you. Welcome to PR.
frame said... (12/24/06 7:01 PM) Reply
Your dress is just lovely. And your review was great. Thanks so much for sharing your work.
2BSewing said... (12/24/06 6:06 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
ZoeP said... (12/24/06 3:20 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job. It looks beautiful. I think I am goign to buy this pattern and make a skirt to go with it. Tank you for shanring.
drsue said... (12/24/06 2:57 PM) Reply
I love your version of this top!
Kay Y said... (12/24/06 11:42 AM) Reply
I will leave your question about what you are doing wrong re the punctuation to the IT experts - obviously you are doing nothing wrong whatever in your sewing, which is of more interest! This is beautifully done. I too hope to see other reviews from you.
Fleur said... (12/24/06 10:50 AM) Reply
Thanks you guys :) What wonderful compliments, I'm blushing! I have a kinda off topic question- when I post words such as it ' s and that 's I get a weird script jumble like you may see above. Any idea what I am doing wrong by chance?
Izzie said... (12/24/06 10:33 AM) Reply
Welcome to PR! Excellent first review! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous and I don't think it is strange at all. I look forward to seeing more of your creativity.
OP Gal said... (12/24/06 9:48 AM) Reply
Welcome to PR! Your dress is beautiful as is your sketch. I'll be looking forward to more of your reviews.
Lisette said... (12/24/06 9:41 AM) Reply
Very,very pretty
squirrellypoo said... (12/24/06 8:03 AM) Reply
ooh, that is SO cute! It's like a saucy milkmaid! ;)
Lhan said... (12/24/06 2:50 AM) Reply
Great review - and I love the dress and the top. One of the few I have seen that I think looks really frothy without being at all annoyingly childish or girly (or something like that - there are better wordings but I can't think of them today!). It is girly actually - but in the best way. The lawn looks lovely and is one of my favourite fabrics. I welcome you to PatternReview adn look forward to further interesting reviews! Cheers and Merry Christmas.
ladybegood said... (12/24/06 2:38 AM) Reply
Breathtaking! And thanks for the informative review. I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the future!
Shona said... (12/24/06 1:19 AM) Reply
Welcome. Wow, great, detailed review. The corset look without the discomfort works for me! I'll buy this for my "make for summer" list.

by: Sheila457