Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9133 (Misses Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:1/1/07 10:26 AM
Last Updated:1/1/07 10:33 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Puddin Pop said... (1/3/07 12:18 PM) Reply
Very nice knock off. I wonder what it would look like with boots?
nancy2001 said... (1/3/07 9:29 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress. It looks like it came straight off the runway.
ACB said... (1/2/07 4:21 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job, love it!
hongkongshopper said... (1/2/07 3:52 AM) Reply
Good job on the knock-off. It will be interesting to see how it looks with less full sleeves. Well done !
Marji said... (1/1/07 8:11 PM) Reply
Thank you Lhan. I was beginning to think maybe my judgement was off on the sleeves, but I am iffy enough about them that today I picked up 3/4 yard of black cotton broadcloth to mock up another sleeve. I plan to take off one sleeve, replace it with the mock-up, then come back for advice on which to use. I'm still feeling a bit of "choir robe with sparkles". I'm thinking sleeves that have no pleats at top, and are just set in may make all the difference.
Lhan said... (1/1/07 7:28 PM) Reply
I think this is a fantastic effort. I love unusual lines and this certainly has them. I love the colour combination you used - the sequined material is just right, and the depth of colour that the wool has works beautifully with it. I agree about the fullness in the sleeves - it would be interesting to see how it would look with that adjustment. Congratulations!
Sharon M said... (1/1/07 5:02 PM) Reply
What an interesting dress! What a great RTW knock-off. I enjoyed reading how you accomplished it.
carnelian said... (1/1/07 4:58 PM) Reply
You are a visionary human!
Nancy K said... (1/1/07 12:58 PM) Reply
Fantastic job. I agree it needs the tie for a verticle accent. Hope you enjoyed your night out.
Linda E. said... (1/1/07 12:44 PM) Reply
very pretty you did a great job in copying the Missoni dress.
Deb Thompson said... (1/1/07 12:22 PM) Reply
Nice job on the Missoni dress! I am inspired by your job well done! I'm on to #2 RTW Knock off now!!
CarolynGM said... (1/1/07 11:27 AM) Reply
You're right -- it is indeed very fashion forward and dramatic as well. Beautiful fabrics.
cmarie12 said... (1/1/07 11:09 AM) Reply
Love, love, love the dress Marji!
LuceLu said... (1/1/07 10:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I like your interpretation of this Missoni dress. It looks very comfortable and stylish. Thank you for not wearing leggings. LOL.

SewBaby Wearable baby blanket Pattern