Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3474 (Misses Blouses)

Reviewed by:KerryB

About KerryB
WA USA
Member since: 11/16/06
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:1/1/07 11:41 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
SMGSSG said... (7/23/11 9:59 PM) Reply
I a new to wewing but would really like to try this blouse. After a few more projects I just may try...I already have the pattern.
JanineMck said... (6/7/11 5:22 AM) Reply
thanks for the review . I plan on making this soon.
Scheri said... (2/17/11 9:48 AM) Reply
Looks so good in a stripe. I love the ruffles. Great work
jintie said... (8/9/10 11:40 AM) Reply
I made this with the split cuff version (which took quite a bit of figuring out - I think the instructions are too skimpy here) - I also made it collarless (a fix to user error!) and faced it with narrow twill tape. I also need a snap to hold it in place at the cross over. A good pattern.
Heatherrique said... (12/29/07 7:55 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse!
MareeAlison said... (6/23/07 3:14 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern last week because I thought it was very stylish and having now read your review, that thought is reinforced. I love the stripe - I probably wouldn't have done that but now I just might. Thx.
AnneM said... (1/9/07 8:44 AM) Reply
As with many the Kwik-Sew patterns, nicer when made than the pattern drawing indicates. Cute in your fabric choice.
Jane S said... (1/2/07 9:22 AM) Reply
Wow, great job on this stylish and flattering top.
KerryB said... (1/2/07 8:33 AM) Reply
Thank you for the nice compliments! This is my first review. It is fun to share with our community of sewing enthusiasts!
PixieCat said... (1/2/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful. I love the ruffles.
Vivienne said... (1/1/07 7:20 PM) Reply
I love the way you've contrasted the feminine design and masculine fabric. It is striking without being over the top.
Re Becca said... (1/1/07 3:51 PM) Reply
I love your use of stripes, very feminin witout looking frilly.
cindy-lou said... (1/1/07 3:19 PM) Reply
I LOVE it! Great work! I'll go search out this pattern-- I have just the fabric... thanks for a great review!
jlg said... (1/1/07 3:17 PM) Reply
Great looking top. The ruffles are becoming.
Hilary said... (1/1/07 3:00 PM) Reply
That is really cute!! I tried to buy this pattern a while back and they were sold out. :o( I should try agaon (or order through PR!) Thanks for the review!
lmg said... (1/1/07 1:39 PM) Reply
I would not have thought to do this patterns in a striped fabric. It looks terrific!
CSM--Carla said... (1/1/07 1:39 PM) Reply
Very very pretty look on you, KerryB!! Thanks for this excellent review. I have admired this blouse since it was introduced. It definitely goes on my wishlist now!! So pretty and feminine--easy with good fit! Carla
LauraTS said... (1/1/07 12:57 PM) Reply
That looks cute on you; I especially like the effect of the striped fabrics on the ruffles.
Deb Thompson said... (1/1/07 12:06 PM) Reply
Super top! I think it looks adorable on you. Good to note about the sleeve cap gathering.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (1/1/07 11:41 AM) Reply
Wow Zowee! I've had my eye on this pattern for a while. I just might have to give the ole college try!

Primrose Lane Primrose Lane Miranda