Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2907 (Alice Olivia flared pants)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:1/2/07 0:22 AM
Last Updated:4/15/07 11:07 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Linda G said... (4/16/07 10:12 PM) Reply
I really really like your piping idea and the breast cancer snaps are such a good idea, I did not even know there was such a thing...very nice.
BJ1400 said... (4/16/07 9:26 AM) Reply
I love your pants. Wish I could make pants that fit like that!
Levone said... (4/16/07 8:49 AM) Reply
Wow, these are all great fitting great looking pants. I especially like the pink pinstripe pair with the pink piping. Wonderful review.
Sew Little Thyme said... (4/16/07 8:42 AM) Reply
I love your tan & pink pinstripe pair! I have had these on the must sew list & now I want to even more!
carolynw said... (4/16/07 8:24 AM) Reply
Great looking pants - beats RTW any day!
KarenUK said... (4/16/07 7:52 AM) Reply
Thank you for posting and updating this review - I have selected this pattern to make up at a Trouser Fitting course this weekend at my local Husqvarna store here in the Uk. I wasn't sure if this was going to be the right pattern for me but having read this review I'm glad I picked it. Yours look fantastic - so professional - fingers crossed that mine turn out half as good.....!
motomoda said... (4/16/07 7:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful!
Sew4Fun said... (4/16/07 5:35 AM) Reply
Sigrid, yes I do think this pattern can be adapted for a wide hip and small waist. How easy it is will depend mostly on your level of ability, however these pants sit below the waist which will make it easier. Sew a muslin first, and pin fit the yoke section.
CherylStillSews said... (4/16/07 4:47 AM) Reply
Love the fabric on this pair!
Zaneta said... (4/16/07 4:40 AM) Reply
I love the colour! What a great pattern..I have made my muslin for this pattern I am motivated to get going...thanks for sharing this pair..I can't wait to see other versions you make..
Sigrid. said... (4/16/07 2:44 AM) Reply
Very good pants, now I want this pattern too! Do you think it can be adapted easily from wide hip to small waist?
Debbie Cook said... (4/16/07 0:18 AM) Reply
Another winner!! I love that piping on the pocket edges.
Vonnevo said... (4/15/07 11:50 PM) Reply
Wow, these latest pants are fabulous too Belinda !!!
illinicrna said... (4/15/07 11:26 PM) Reply
Those are great, especially in that new fabric!
hongkongshopper said... (4/15/07 11:17 PM) Reply
Belinda, I really like these ones too!
nicegirl said... (1/26/07 1:26 PM) Reply
Those are really great! Still haven't tackled pants...
cecelia said... (1/26/07 9:19 AM) Reply
Nice review. I really like the wide waistband and they fit you well. I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of this pattern.
Sew4Fun said... (1/25/07 10:58 PM) Reply
Double post. Silly computers. :)
gaby said... (1/25/07 10:21 PM) Reply
VERY good fit. They look well made. It truly shows you are an advanced sewer!
Sew4Fun said... (1/25/07 9:22 PM) Reply
Elona, I drafted the pocket stay. Sorry I wasn't clear. The Vogue pattern didn't include one.
Elona said... (1/25/07 9:11 PM) Reply
Terrific results! And there's a pocket stay, too! Wow. How unusual is that in the Big Four? About the apparent discrepancy in the hem length, you might just have shifted your weight for the photo, but my physical therapist says it's not unusual for people to have functional leg length differences by 3/8" or so, and, in fact, I usually have to make my right pants leg 3/8" longer than the left.
PattyU said... (1/25/07 8:48 PM) Reply
Those look great on you. Thanks for the great review. I love all the pics.
OP Gal said... (1/25/07 8:02 PM) Reply
Very professional looking, and they look great on you.
AnneM said... (1/24/07 9:25 PM) Reply
Great pants. You still have to come over to my house for a fitting session. Minor issue of a few thousand miles & ocean in-between. Like your fabric choice.
SewPaula said... (1/18/07 8:27 AM) Reply
Great pants! I appreciate the detailed review as well.
kim*brown said... (1/5/07 7:58 PM) Reply
Wonderful workmanship, and great style of pant. Love the fabric too!
BeckyC said... (1/4/07 8:31 AM) Reply
Fabulous pants and fit!
Leslie Bonner said... (1/3/07 9:57 PM) Reply
Wow, great looking pants.
PixieCat said... (1/3/07 4:43 PM) Reply
What a wonderful pair of pants! I'm sure these will be a TNT for you.
ryan's mom said... (1/3/07 4:22 PM) Reply
What a beautiful pair of pants and an awesome fit. Your muslin process makes so much sense!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/3/07 8:18 AM) Reply
Belinda, I LOVE your pants - great job and perfect fit!
Danvillegirl said... (1/3/07 5:23 AM) Reply
Excellent pair of pants. Great fit!
krystalkaes said... (1/3/07 0:29 AM) Reply
Nice helpful review. I think I will try your suggestion on using non stretch woven for my next muslin and see what happens. Thanks.
Schnauzer said... (1/2/07 10:55 PM) Reply
Nice fitting pants, they look great!
Sew4Fun said... (1/2/07 5:51 PM) Reply
For the closure I used snaps. Matte black, size 20 snaps, from Snap Source to be precise. :) I love snaps on a wide yoke such as this because it gives a flat finish which is great under knit tops. It's also easier to undo three snaps than three buttons. :)
Puddin Pop said... (1/2/07 5:44 PM) Reply
I love the look of these pants. Did you use snaps or is that buttons?
Peggy L said... (1/2/07 4:47 PM) Reply
Great pants and excellant review. Are those snaps?
Re Becca said... (1/2/07 1:25 PM) Reply
HHHm, I had never thought of putting the yoke front on the fold, it makes so much sense though. They fit great and look great. They look like they have just enough stretch to be comfortable.
Skymom said... (1/2/07 9:57 AM) Reply
THese look excellent. I really appreciate your tips on muslin-fitting before sewing a stretch woven. That's always been a problem for me, so I'll be taking your advice on fitting in non-stretch first, then moving to the stretch woven.
Stacy Sews said... (1/2/07 9:41 AM) Reply
The fit on these pants looks great! Thanks for the review on these, I have this pattern, but still haven't sewn it up - I may have to bump this up on my 'must sew' list.
minieme said... (1/2/07 9:05 AM) Reply
Great fitting pants!
christine A said... (1/2/07 9:02 AM) Reply
You make it sound so easy and the pants look wonderful on you! I am going to have to get brave and try this pattern oneday!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/2/07 7:41 AM) Reply
Fantastic! Wonderful review, too.
CarolynGM said... (1/2/07 7:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful fit and very fashionable.
Lori V said... (1/2/07 7:06 AM) Reply
Great looking pants, perfect fit.
Vonnevo said... (1/2/07 6:41 AM) Reply
Fabulous Belinda. These pants are very flattering for you. I like to cut the yoke front on the fold too.
hongkongshopper said... (1/2/07 4:14 AM) Reply
Nice one! They look very trendy!
Zaneta said... (1/2/07 3:17 AM) Reply
They look like a great pair of pants, your waistband looks better than RTW pants!
Debbie Cook said... (1/2/07 1:36 AM) Reply
Wonderful pants. This shape pants is great for *your* shape -- very flattering!
FuzzyNavelPeach said... (1/2/07 1:21 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern today, so I was thrilled to see your review. Thanks and great job!
KerryB said... (1/2/07 0:58 AM) Reply
Your pants look great on you! They are so nice and fitted - you did excellent work and should be proud. I have been considering this pattern and now it is for certain one of my future projects.
JulieR said... (1/2/07 0:47 AM) Reply
They look terrific on you and the review is very helpful, thank you.
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/2/07 0:26 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on these pants. They fit great and look very nice on you.

Veronica Pocketbook Paper Pattern